FORTNIGHTLY COMPETITION No 10 COMMENTS.

Tony-O
Posted 19/02/2009 - 14:57 Link
A link to comment discuss above competition.
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.

It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
Malo1961
Posted 22/02/2009 - 16:56 Link
Great kick-off Hyram Some creative thinking has been done, there.
I like it. To bad about the grud on your sensor.(serious grud,I mean)
Was it intentional? It adds to the "old feel", IMO.

Mine will be a bit less easy to guess, I am afraid. Been working at it, the whole day.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Prieni
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:07 Link
Very good, Hyram. I just thought I would add a comment along the lines "it will be VERY hard to submit a non-macro shot". Then I see there is something submitted already and it is exactly that!

I have been tinkering over the weekend as well but I'll wait with the submission as I have a few alternative ideas.

The second submission is quite nice as well, Belinda!

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Hyram
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:13 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
.................To bad about the grud on your sensor.(serious grud,I mean)
That is the problem with those early digital cameras from the 1980's - the 'crud' really used to stick to the sensor
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Malo1961
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:13 Link
Another Non-Macro (honestly....., no lies here) is about to enter.
No other give away is provided, though

PS, I am already scratching my head with Belinda's entry.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Prieni
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:19 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
Another Non-Macro (honestly....., no lies here) is about to enter.
No other give away is provided, though

PS, I am already scratching my head with Belinda's entry.

Martin.
Ok, so it's only my lack of imagination...

I also haven't figured out Belinda's entry, yet.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Belinda B.
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:46 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
............PS, I am already scratching my head with Belinda's entry.
...............good

Hopefully Tony-O is scratching his head as well.

As for your image, I have only got as far as moulded plastic and maybe a catch of some sort :

The colours are puzzling
Belinda B.
womble
Posted 24/02/2009 - 01:09 Link
When does this competition close?

Thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Prieni
Posted 24/02/2009 - 07:15 Link
womble wrote:
When does this competition close?
I think it should be on Wednesday 4. March, 1800 GMT.

And being the belt 'n braces type I am I just checked and saw a separate thread from His Honour, our judge to that effect.(I hope this secures some extra points in the judgement)

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
aminstar
Posted 24/02/2009 - 08:02 Link
I cant see any images in the WEEKLY COMPETITION #86 An Instrument of Time. Where exactly is the link for the photos uploaded? The gallery seems empty at the moment but I see your comments above regarding the images

Thanks

Amin
Prieni
Posted 24/02/2009 - 08:10 Link
Amin,

here we are talking about the fortnightly competition, not the weekly one. This is the "FORTNIGHTLY COMPETITION No 10 COMMENTS." thread, so nothing to do with the weekly competion #86. You don't see any images there because there have been no submissions so far, it only started yesterday.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
aminstar
Posted 24/02/2009 - 08:15 Link
Thanks Prieni Found it. Now I see what all the comments above are. Hmm pretty interesting. I might give it a go
Malo1961
Posted 28/02/2009 - 13:16 Link
Some very imaginative and outstanding entries so far. Good luck to the judge, I should say.

On a personal note to Ralf,
I haven't got the slightest idea what it is, or how you did it.
But is certainly is one worthwhile hanging on the wall. Colourful, joyfully and very creative !!

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Prieni
Posted 28/02/2009 - 13:26 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
Some very imaginative and outstanding entries so far. Good luck to the judge, I should say.
I certainly agree with that!

Malo1961 wrote:
On a personal note to Ralf,
I haven't got the slightest idea what it is, or how you did it.
But is certainly is one worthwhile hanging on the wall. Colourful, joyfully and very creative !!
Thanks Martin! It's good to read that it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. But it's always easy when you shot it yourself... I still haven't figured out yours, BTW (nor Belinda's or Coriander's entry).

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
RR
Posted 28/02/2009 - 14:52 Link
Quote:
On a personal note to Ralf,
I haven't got the slightest idea what it is, or how you did it.
But is certainly is one worthwhile hanging on the wall. Colourful, joyfully and very creative !!
I can tell what it is, but I agree, very very nice image.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo