QuestionableCarrot

Joined: 4th April 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

QuestionableCarrot
col55555ine wrote:
Srs hire lens so you could rent ,
Pentax DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Lens £35
Pentax DFA 50mm F2.8 Macro Lens £30 both 3days hire,
link http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/article/12/hire.html
Thats nice to know

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Advice on glass for my k-x at 18/02/2012 - 19:59

QuestionableCarrot
Does anyone have any experience of using the Sigma 300mm macro?

Most of my macro shots are done with the Sigma 150 500 and kit lenses and to date am quite happy with the results. I really want an all rounder lens and the 35 2,4 seems to fit the bill - a bit of macro on the side would be nice though!

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Advice on glass for my k-x at 18/02/2012 - 19:36

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks guys for that. Will look into the two comments

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Advice on glass for my k-x at 16/02/2012 - 22:59

QuestionableCarrot
My Sigma 150 500 is on the K-x virtually 95% of the time for bird photography (although I did shoot a floweriny bud the other day that looks nice with it) but would love to get myself a nice 35 or 50 for macro work and general use.
I have read the reviews on the 35mm F2.4 and is nicely priced as well but I am willing to give something older a go that still sports good quality.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Ta

QC

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Advice on glass for my k-x at 16/02/2012 - 19:37

QuestionableCarrot
Hi Guys

I have been on and off viewing and posting on this site but have to admit having used it a lot more the last couple of days - it really is the bee's!

Most of my photography is "birding". I shoot with the K-x, the 50-200 and Sigma 150 500.

Having used this combo now for over a year, like many photographers I am yearning for better optics and more length!

I am told all the time that I get the most out of the K-x, but the difference between the Sigma and the Pentax lenses is apparent at times.

My question is, does anyone have any experience of using the 55-300 and is the plastic cheap version ok to use?

The DA*300 is the obvious choice but too much.

While i am here does anyone know how much the new DA 550mm might be????

Thanks

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Bird Photographer Question (55-300 & DA550mm) at 09/02/2012 - 18:49

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks mate!

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on K5 - Help with big decision at 01/02/2012 - 22:22

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks for kind comments everyone. Hopefully the K-5 will be mine at some stage

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on K5 - Help with big decision at 14/01/2012 - 16:52

QuestionableCarrot
Thank you so much everyone for the wonderful comments!

I am still in two minds about updating so maybe I should just fire away on the K-x until it goes the way of the pear.

Cheers

A

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on K5 - Help with big decision at 11/01/2012 - 22:49

QuestionableCarrot
Cheers Mate

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on K5 - Help with big decision at 10/01/2012 - 17:09

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks guys.

Bill you bought two of them!

It must be a good body then.

Going to check out your shots - I love the 150 500 myself.

No worries David we have all been there.

Check out my 150 500 on the k-x below. A great lens dissed too quickly!

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on K5 - Help with big decision at 10/01/2012 - 16:56

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo