QuestionableCarrot

Joined: 4th April 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

QuestionableCarrot
K will do that cheers.

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Sigma 150 500 Problem at 03/04/2012 - 15:42

QuestionableCarrot
Hi

I have had my 150 500 Sigma now for around a year and use it virtually every day - birds, macro anything when out and about.

On Sunday when I was shooting starlings the camera suddenly went into Manual Focus and displayed the following on the back of the camera F---
No F stop numnber and the Sigma refused to focus.

I turned the camera away from the bird and tried autofocusing on something else and changing a few settings - it sprung back into life.

Then just today when I was trying out my new IR remote which isnt working either I noticed the camera (k-x) had went into MF mode again despite all the settings on the Sigma 150 500 being set to auto.


THEN when I clicked into INFO i noticed the camera was on MF and I couldnt change it - when cycling through the functions it bypasses it almost like it thinks there is a MF lens on the camera.

Any ideas if its the camera or the lens?

Very worried

QC

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Sigma 150 500 Problem at 03/04/2012 - 15:30

QuestionableCarrot
Working again - very odd.

Anybody ever come across something like that with the Siggy 150 500?

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Remote Controlling your camera HELP at 03/04/2012 - 15:25

QuestionableCarrot
Is there anything I could have done to disable the lenses autofocus?

Its switched on everywhere it should be

Crumbs...

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Remote Controlling your camera HELP at 03/04/2012 - 15:20

QuestionableCarrot
Nothing

And now my Sigma 150 500 has got a problem. Its stuck in MF and i didnt even designate that function.

What on earth is going on now!??!?

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Remote Controlling your camera HELP at 03/04/2012 - 15:19

QuestionableCarrot
Hi Jak

Yes there was a tear away tab which was fixed to the battery. Took that out and theres a C N and P (canon, nikon and pentax) operational controls. When i press on the button? Nothing - the infared thing isnt going red either.

Any ideas?

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Remote Controlling your camera HELP at 03/04/2012 - 15:14

QuestionableCarrot
great will try a few test shots later ty

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Total Newbie with RAW Question at 03/04/2012 - 14:04

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks guys

Ive been told for bird photography you are best to shoot in RAW because light and white balance are often in need of a change in post processing. I dont have any software - acquired the camera used without it.

So choose RAW and the bring it into lightroom?

Qc

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Total Newbie with RAW Question at 03/04/2012 - 13:38

QuestionableCarrot
Another problem folks that I hope you can help me with

I have never shot anything in RAW and dont have any software how can i go about doing that?

I have lightroom will that bring my RAW files in?

Cheers

qc

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Total Newbie with RAW Question at 03/04/2012 - 13:25

QuestionableCarrot
Anyone ever bought one of these IR remotes?

It arrived this morning and I cant get it to work - the instructions are crud but judging by the reviews its not too bad.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001OHU05S/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Remote Controlling your camera HELP at 03/04/2012 - 13:24

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo