QuestionableCarrot

Joined: 4th April 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

QuestionableCarrot
thank you for all of those.

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on I have the cash - whos selling? at 07/03/2012 - 22:47

QuestionableCarrot
I agree with all the above - i actually use mine for macro work and portraits as well - check out the link and pm me if you need to ask anything else.

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Sigma 150 - 500 mm - any experience with OS at 28/02/2012 - 07:41

QuestionableCarrot
ty stu

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on I have the cash - whos selling? at 28/02/2012 - 07:39

QuestionableCarrot
I am willing to spend in and around the 70-100 range but it would need to be a great model for the ton.

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on I have the cash - whos selling? at 27/02/2012 - 19:05

QuestionableCarrot
Hi folks

I will have a little bit of cash to buy something in a couple of weeks. Money doesnt come my way very often so it has to be a good purchase.

Having thought about it long enough I have decided to opt for something like a 28 or 35mm for general use and a little bit of macro work.

It doesnt have to be a brand spank lens or even autofocus just something that will yield great results on my K-x.

I know some people have already sent me pm's and messages on the subject but please remind me because I have lost all my messages.

Thanks in advance!

QC

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on I have the cash - whos selling? at 27/02/2012 - 17:56

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks lads

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Lens Recommendation Please -CONFUSED.COM at 21/02/2012 - 07:17

QuestionableCarrot
Pentaxophile wrote:
An M50/1.7 is a no brainer, but beyond that you're going to need to be more specific about what you think you need. If general street stuff a zoom is a good way to go until you establish your shooting style and preferred focal length. For this the kit lens is fine, but

1) The Tamron 17-50mm is a bargain with near-stellar IQ (costs 250 quid or thereabouts s/h - if that sounds a lot, compare to the DA16-50mm!), or...

2) An F35-70mm would be a low-cost (35 quid?) 'pocket-sized' addition to your kit (and a decent range for 'street shooting with excellent IQ).
Good man - will check those out!



Quick question and a little embarassing

Does 50mm equate to a different focal range with a digital camera?

QC

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Lens Recommendation Please -CONFUSED.COM at 20/02/2012 - 20:42

QuestionableCarrot
Thanks guys for that

Alan?

I have the kit 18 55 mate and the 50 200

Cheers for the input Carl

Stu - can you pm me about your experiences with THAT lens etc?

Would love to hear more about cheapies on ebay and other DA stuff.

Ta

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Lens Recommendation Please -CONFUSED.COM at 20/02/2012 - 20:34

QuestionableCarrot
please help me.

I am getting overwhelmed by the amount of lenses on the internet and cannot make up my mind.

Perhaps someone can recommend one if I give you the low down?

I believe people take photos, not the camera. Meaning that I am not a "gear hoe" and can happily snap away with any sort of equipment.

I mostly shoot birds (have the sigma 150 500) but am interested in doing more general things - street, portrait, a bit of close up work...

A general do all job that will fit nicely on my K-x

I am also interested in some of the lenses that appear on ebay - manual ones. Can you recommend any of those>

Thanks!

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Lens Recommendation Please -CONFUSED.COM at 20/02/2012 - 19:54

QuestionableCarrot
Martyn

I use my 150 500 every day - on my lunch hour at work I take it with me and do my 20 minute walk capturing everything from birds to flowers. I have used the 120 400 and can assure you that there IS a difference in quality. Admitedly its still not hot as some primes wide open but on a sunny day the Sigma 150 500 IS as good as a Canon or Nikon F4 - I dont care what anyone will reply to that. Its a great lens and is too easily overlooked.

Please check out my photos below on my Flickr account. All my bird shots are with the lens and the cherry blossom is with it as well.

QC

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Upgrade from 120-400mm - sigma 150-500mm os worth it? at 19/02/2012 - 20:09

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo