photographtheworld

Joined: 20th January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

photographtheworld
Sold for £250. Thanks for the offers.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Pentax MZ-S for sale or trade. at 14/04/2010 - 00:13

photographtheworld
Fresh batteries in (10 quid a pop still for 2 - anyway, I'll include them too). Everything just as it was before I stopped using it. Even run a roll of film through it. All works as it should. I'll have a look for the original box tomorrow.

Thanks for the offers so far. I'll be in touch after considering them all.

Cheers

Neil

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Pentax MZ-S for sale or trade. at 12/04/2010 - 22:25

photographtheworld
BUMP - before it goes on eBay.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Pentax MZ-S for sale or trade. at 12/04/2010 - 09:41

photographtheworld
Now offered in Classifieds.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on What's a MZ-S worth? at 07/04/2010 - 01:10

photographtheworld
After careful deliberation I've decided to offer my Pentax MZ-S for sale or trade. I could use another lens more. I'm offering it here before I put it on eBay.

I bought this for £640 in Nov 2001 and it had light use for about a year, mainly shooting Scottish landscapes. A year later I went digital so it wasn't used much, if at all, until I took it on a safari as a back-up (shot 3 rolls with it) in 2006. Not used since (I'll put batteries in and make sure it still works though).

I have the manual and possibly the original box (must check in the loft for that). The camera is immaculate.

Ideally I'd like to trade for some glass of similar value. I'm after a decent, AF telephoto zoom (eg. Sigma 120-400, Tammy 70-200 f2.8, perhaps a Pentax SMC DA 55-300) or an AF telephoto prime (Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO for example). I'd also consider a Sigma EX DG 24-70 f2.8. Could do cash adjustments either way with a trade. If you've got any other lenses you'd be willing to trade then let me know. However, I don't need wide.


I'd be looking for cash offers of £250+. I'll include insured delivery within the UK.

Please PM with any offers and I'll get back to you once I've reviewed them (if I get any at all!).

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/s_front.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/s_back.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers

Neil

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Pentax MZ-S for sale or trade. at 07/04/2010 - 01:08

photographtheworld
womble wrote:


Yes, but using a polariser on an extreme wide angle will give you weird results because (if I remember rightly) the light on one side of the image is going to be at a different angle to the light at the other side of the frame.

K.
Because maximum polarisation happens at 90 degrees to the sun.

Samsung 12-24 at 12mm with CPL:
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/12mmcpl.jpg[/IMG]
© neil davey

Comment by photographtheworld posted on which 10-20 - if at all? at 06/04/2010 - 21:50

photographtheworld
flossie wrote:


photographtheworld wrote:
Be prepared to fork out a fair bit for extra slim filters too.
Call me silly and new, but I can't see why would I want to stick a filter on the front of such a quality piece of glass? Am I missing something?
A half-decent 77mm slim CPL will set you back at least 50 quid.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on which 10-20 - if at all? at 05/04/2010 - 22:49

photographtheworld
Re 12-24mm.

I've got the Samsung variant and while it is a superb lens, tack sharp and with a very useful focal length (great as a city walkabout as well as for landscapes), it does suffer from some purple fringing in the corners which can be mildly annoying. The worst can normally be corrected however in PS.
Be prepared to fork out a fair bit for extra slim filters too.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on which 10-20 - if at all? at 05/04/2010 - 20:43

photographtheworld
I suppose thats quite good news then. I saw the one on eBay for £489 or so and thought that a bit steep. However, if I can turn it into a 2nd hand fast telephoto prime or fast zoom for 2-300 (which may be a long shot) I may well put it up for offer. It was barely used before I started using digital and I think if I shoot film anytime for fun it will be on a manual body without the bells and whistles anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Neil

Comment by photographtheworld posted on What's a MZ-S worth? at 05/04/2010 - 15:43

photographtheworld
Toying with the idea of selling mine but have no clue what they are worth now. Anyone bought or sold one recently? Mine is mint and was bought new in 01/02. Used lightly for about a year before I went digital. Used very seldom since - prob not since 2006. Lovely camera - if you have or had one then you'll know.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on What's a MZ-S worth? at 05/04/2010 - 00:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo