photographtheworld

Joined: 20th January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

photographtheworld
Now sold.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Wide angle / fish eye converter for sale (0.42X) at 07/10/2010 - 14:53

photographtheworld
This is the SMC Pentax-F 1:4.5-5.6 100-300mm zoom. Excellent condition. Front and rear caps (although the front is generic as I lost the original). I'm pretty sure I have the original box somewhere. If so you'll get that aswell. If not then it will be well packed.

Decent enough budget telephoto zoom.

I'll take £50 posted (that seems to be around what they go for on ebay).

If you buy it along with my MZ-50 kit for sale (see https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/mz-50-kit-for-sale-22911) I'll knock a fiver off the total.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/100-300.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by photographtheworld posted on FS: SMC Pentax-F 100-300mm lens at 06/10/2010 - 21:18

photographtheworld
Still available.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Wide angle / fish eye converter for sale (0.42X) at 06/10/2010 - 19:52

photographtheworld
...and a roll of HP5!

Comment by photographtheworld posted on MZ-50 kit for sale at 06/10/2010 - 19:50

photographtheworld
£12 posted anyone?

Its a fun little lens - I used to use it to photograph skateboarders with the fish eye effect.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Wide angle / fish eye converter for sale (0.42X) at 02/10/2010 - 13:25

photographtheworld
Dropped to £35 posted.

I'll even throw in a small camera bag to hold it.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on MZ-50 kit for sale at 02/10/2010 - 13:24

photographtheworld
Super wide angle / fish eye 0.42X converter. AF compatible. 35mm or video. Comes with 58mm and 49mm adapter rings and pouch. Fun little lens, but don't expect professional results even though the box says "The Professionals Choice" - . Perfect condition.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/wa_converter.jpg[/IMG]

These are about £30-35 on eBay. I'll take £15 posted.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Wide angle / fish eye converter for sale (0.42X) at 30/09/2010 - 22:35

photographtheworld
MZ-50 in perfect working order with strap and manual (slight scuff on the pop-up flash - see pic).

28-80mm lens with 1A filter and cap.

Cable release.

A couple of out of date rolls (but I'm sure still fine) of Superia 800.

The batteries are fairly fresh too as it was recently used by a friend for a beginners photography course.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/clanphoto/Forums/mz-50.jpg[/IMG]

I'm sure I have the original boxes for the body and lens. I'll look them out over the weekend (although I may flat-pack them to save space when posting).

£40 posted.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on MZ-50 kit for sale at 30/09/2010 - 22:28

photographtheworld
PM sent

Comment by photographtheworld posted on Sigma 170-500 for sale (this time with photos) at 30/09/2010 - 19:40

photographtheworld
Daniel Bridge wrote:
photographtheworld wrote:
Shaky wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="photographtheworld"]Of course, on the other end of the scale, and making use of all these pixels, ISO80 coupled with my 12-24 for landscapes will (hopefully) be sublime.
This isn’t film; completely different rules apply.

No, the same basic principles apply. The best IQ will come from the lowest ISO setting, regardless of whether it is film or digital.
I think you'll find it's not the same, that's why lower ISOs are often offered as 'extended' options. The pixels can get over-saturated with the longer exposure needed, reducing dynamic range and image quality.

Dan[/quote]
johnriley wrote:
That's right, there's a base ISO setting and lower settings are applied via electronic compensation. I think I'm right in saying the base ISO for our current cameras is 200.
Yes - you're right and I'm aware of that (hence 'hopefully' in my OP), but under the right conditions a low ISO, even if it is an 'electronic compensation' should still produce an image with less visible grain/noise (what I meant by better IQ) than that of the 200 base ISO. It does on the k20 at 100ISO and I hope it does just as well on the k5 at 80ISO.

Comment by photographtheworld posted on K5, was it worth the wait? at 21/09/2010 - 23:38

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo