percy

Joined: 18th October 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

percy
pm sent

Comment by percy posted on tripods at 14/04/2016 - 20:00

percy
A nice set. I particularly like the last one.

Comment by percy posted on Llangollen Spring Steam Gala 2016 at 10/04/2016 - 20:12

percy
Hi George,

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the monopod version - that's the one I've been thinking about getting.

Regards,
Percy

Comment by percy posted on DFA 150-450 - which support to use at 07/04/2016 - 19:02

percy
The lensmaster gimbals seem to be pretty good. I don't have one myself but have tried one and it seemed pretty good. I've seen some favourable reports about them and will probably get one myself one day.
They have a monopod version.
http://www.lensmaster.co.uk/index.htm

Comment by percy posted on DFA 150-450 - which support to use at 06/04/2016 - 13:41

percy
My favourite would be a Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4, which does support autofocus.

I've had the Kenko and found that didn't give great results. A lot of hunting and image quality not really satisfactory. I know other's have been quite happy with theirs, so maybe I just had a poor example.

The Tamron I got afterwards was in a different league with sharper results and decent AF (provided there's adequate light). As with all teleconverters it works best with a faster lens.

Performance wise I found the Tamron much closer to the Pentax than the Kenko was to the Tamron.
The biggest advantage of the Pentax is passing through the correct exif data, with the main benefit of that being better functioning of shake reduction if you leave that turned on.

Comment by percy posted on kenko/teleplus 1.5 pz af shq at 04/04/2016 - 20:58

percy
pm sent

Comment by percy posted on kenko/teleplus 1.5 pz af shq at 04/04/2016 - 19:06

percy
My friend has had a case of 'seller's remorse' and was (rightly) persuaded by his wife that he'd regret selling his Pentax kit, so I'm afraid it's no longer for sale.

Comment by percy posted on FS: K-5ii : 18-135 : Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM : DA40 Limited at 20/03/2016 - 14:14

percy
A great effort that deserves applause

Comment by percy posted on The Human Side of Ricoh at 19/03/2016 - 09:48

percy
davidwozhere wrote:
WOW !!
Another WOW !!

Comment by percy posted on Fun with Red Squirrels at 18/03/2016 - 08:11

percy
Advance Notice

A friend has asked me to help him sell his Pentax kit. He'll probably pass it over to me in the next week or so, after which I can list it with prices and condition report. In the meantime, if anyone's interested in any of these items please message me and I can get back to you when they're available.

Comment by percy posted on FS: K-5ii : 18-135 : Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM : DA40 Limited at 16/03/2016 - 13:31

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo