owennelson

Joined: 26th December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

owennelson
Hi All
First post here - eeek!
Just some of my first shots using the K-5. Mix of shots taken with either the Sigma 105 or 28mm macros at the RHS Flower show in Cardiff and my mate's garden this past weekend.

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0421.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0390.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0367.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0351.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0341.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1442.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1441.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1435.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1423.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1326.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1322.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1252.jpg[/IMG]

And a slug. For luck.
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP1306.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on First shots with K-5 at 09/05/2012 - 23:16

owennelson
Oh he does!
Been having fun all afternoon with it in my mates garden. Will hopefully manage to take it for a spin into town tomorrow rather than being distracted by babies and flowers...

Very nice lens - I love the mix of speed/width/close focus. Though I picked up a Pentax 35 2.4 a few days ago they seem to complement each other - think I'll keep both in my bag for a few weeks

One very satisfied customer
Cheers
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on FS: Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG (Macro) Aspherical at 06/05/2012 - 00:38

owennelson
PM on it's way

Comment by owennelson posted on FS: Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG (Macro) Aspherical at 03/05/2012 - 22:25

owennelson
Hi Geoff
I ordered a K5 from (I assume) the same place. At that price there's no way I could justify being loyal to my local dealers. Saying that the guy in Jacobs looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had a K5 in stock! My wife was looking to try out a Pentax-Q ... they lost
2 sales there!
Cheers
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Pentax K5 Price differences at 08/04/2012 - 15:16

owennelson
Hi both

Thanks for the suggestions. As luck might have it, it turns out I might not need to sell the K20 after all

I've managed to sell some other bits and pieces off so get to keep the K20 as a back up. I might pass my K100 onto someone who's looking to start off with slr's.

If it happens thatI find the K20 surplus to requirments, I will indeed sell it off as seperate items as you suggested.

Many thanks for replying
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Another "Ball Park" question - K20 plus extras at 25/03/2012 - 13:35

owennelson
Hi All

After a long year out of photography I've got the bug back and am looking forward to getting my K20 out this summer.

I had decided to give myself a goal and save up for a Sigma 30mm f1.4 but whilst reading reviews I happened on DPR favourable review of the K5 and the gears in my brain started turning. I'd love to say I can afford a K5 body outright but that's not going to happen whilst this government screw us all over. SO my next option is to sell off my K20d and some other bits and use the funds to upgrade to a K5.

Obviously I'd keep my other lenses and my old K100d - just as a handy AA powered back up. But I was thinking of offering the K20 in the following package:

K20d with 25K on the shutter count
Pentax Battery grip
2 Pentax batteries
1 third party battery
Pentax DA 18-55 (older kit lens non-wr)
Pentax DA 55-200 (older non WR)
Possibly throw in a Tamron AF 70-300 LD Macro too...

In your opinions - what would be a realistic price for such a bundle?
Is there any call for K20's nowadays? I feel completely out of the loop!
I appreciate there are second hand K20's on SRS website but I'm curious regarding the extras and shutter count etc.

Cheers for any input
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Another "Ball Park" question - K20 plus extras at 22/03/2012 - 23:26

owennelson
I've had the lens for a few days now - but it's all locked up ready for christmas. I did get to play with it for the weekend though and though I wasn't in the mood, got some shots that I liked.

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0664.jpg[/IMG]

Hard to focus on your own eye!

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0661.jpg[/IMG]

A little better on someone elses face. And it makes some cute baby shots!

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0696.jpg[/IMG]

Got some of the new John Lewis and around Cardiff too - a little heavy on the post work though. Sorry - was trying some new things...
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0633.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0636.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0638.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/sce8on/IMGP0626.jpg[/IMG]

Will take a bit of getting used to but even with the few hours I had hold of it, it was a fun lens!

Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Pentax/Samsung 10-17mm fisheye at 27/10/2009 - 01:31

owennelson
Thanks all

The lens arrived yesterday. It's now a christmas present and the wife has decided to hide it after this weekend so I've got a few days to try it out. Wont see it til we go to Geneva for Christmas
Did fire off a few shots in the car - the angle of view is very impressive - this is gonna be a fun lens!

Thanks Again
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Jumping on the Fisheye at 21/10/2009 - 17:25

owennelson
I had skimmed through the classified ads - but obviously missed that one. Unfortunately Clifton has already taken the cash and will (hopefully) be packing it soon.

Thanks anyway!
Owen

Comment by owennelson posted on Jumping on the Fisheye at 17/10/2009 - 17:30

owennelson
More worried about my ever increasing belly than my shoes!

Ah well - the fish eye will give me an excuse to get more exercise...

Comment by owennelson posted on Jumping on the Fisheye at 16/10/2009 - 17:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo