Orsolia

Joined: 12th December 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Orsolia
bettyswolloks wrote:
Happy new fixed camera just in time for Christmas!!
Absolutely!

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 23/12/2013 - 00:18

Orsolia
JAK wrote:
So the battery was the right way up, it was the camera that was upside down?!
...depending upon how you look at it.

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 23/12/2013 - 00:17

Orsolia
montyaus wrote:
Now that the problem battery has been fixed,Orsolia can not be responsible for the battery problem,

it is only "fitting" that an reason is offered,being from down under,the battery was not fit for purpose,

the manufacturer should send the opposite handed battery when a camera is sent down under.

Jack.
I think I underunderstand that...

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 23/12/2013 - 00:17

Orsolia
cedricd wrote:
Glad you have it sorted now. Go and enjoy Christmas and I really hope your health continues to improve.
Thank you! It is.

My rehab has ended, and now I only have to continue with the exercises and the cycling.

I've already lost two trouser sizes, and my sleep has improved.

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 23/12/2013 - 00:16

Orsolia
pmcquail wrote:
I certainly wouldn't try taking it onto a 'plane in that state.
It is okay -- the tech there said that the part that was pierced has no potential for leakage.

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 23/12/2013 - 00:15

Orsolia
JAK wrote:
Pleased Pentax got it sorted out for you OK. So are you using that battery with trimmings or did you have to get a new one?
I am using the battery with trimmings, and I decided to buy a spare!

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 22/12/2013 - 11:18

Orsolia
I decided to post an image of a shot I took this evening.

The sky outside my home was particularly colourful.

Here it is.
Comment Image

Particulars are:

Taken on a K-5 II with SMC DA L 55-300 mm lens, unfiltered.

50 mm f/6.3 1/100 sec ISO-800
20:52 AEDST 22/12/2013

Comment by Orsolia posted on The beginning of summer down here at 22/12/2013 - 11:16

Orsolia
johnriley wrote:
It's just a thought, but if the technician removed your battery by knowing where to drill into it I wonder if he'd have been as keen to try if it had been a third party battery. I suspect probably not.
Which is another reason to avoid them!

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 22/12/2013 - 11:08

Orsolia
gartmore wrote:
That's a good point.

Someone joked earlier about hammers and knowing where to hit which is precisely what happened
Smart alec!

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 22/12/2013 - 11:07

Orsolia
There is no way he would have done this with a third party battery, John.

Anyway, here is a shot I took of the battery.

There is a patch on the holes, but hopefully, you'll be able to make out the locations.

Comment Image

Comment by Orsolia posted on Stuck battery in my new K-5 II at 22/12/2013 - 11:06

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo