mikew

Joined: 22nd October 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mikew
Simon - did your Tamrac 7 arraive and was it big enough?

Thanks

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 04/12/2007 - 16:31

mikew
Can you post an update before I order one please! May I ask where you're getting it from, so far I think Aspens is the cheapest I have found.

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 29/11/2007 - 22:13

mikew
Some of the images I found are contradictory. It does have a half decent top section doesn't it? I'm getting concerned that the bottom section isn't big enough now - hey ho.

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 29/11/2007 - 19:11

mikew
I reckon the 7 is the biggest for hand luggage as well and the 8 and 9 look a bit big all in all. It's OK as I can just blame and curse you if it's no good

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 29/11/2007 - 17:53

mikew
Thanks - that looks just the job.

I think I'll order one.

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 29/11/2007 - 06:56

mikew
Unlocker

How much camera gear can you get in the bottom bit? I'll have camera with lens, two smallish zooms plus a small prime - that would go in OK?

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 28/11/2007 - 07:22

mikew
I feared as much - I guess what I'll do is get the smaller camera bag type pack for my usual walking which only needs sarnies etc. and make other arrangements for Lisbon.

For myself I'd just have some checked in luggage but I think my wife wants to do it hand luggage only. We'll see. She may want to take the usual 4 or 5 pairs of shoes so that would kill her backpack.

I was very tempted by a slingshot style bag but they have even less capacity for non camera gear - unless anyone wants to persude me otherwise.

I certainly don't fancy that arrangement for the tripod! I think the good Lord gave me hands for carrying a tripod and mine is bulkier than the one in the pictures.

Thanks for the help so far!

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 27/11/2007 - 22:09

mikew
I'd be very grateful if could report back as it does look like just what I need although I don't think I'd want to strap my rather large tripod to anything.

I do need a bigger top compartment really as we are going to Lisbon soon and I am told it's backpacks only so I need to get all my clothes for 4 days in the top bit! I fear I may be wearing rather a lot when I check in.

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 27/11/2007 - 19:54

mikew
I need (well want) a bag for my K100D, Sigma 10-20 zoom another zoom and a prime and I rather fancy a 'NEW LOWEPRO ORION TREKKER ll 2 COMBI CAMERA BACKPACK RD' which seems cheap at £35 and effective allowing me to carry lunch etc. when I toddle off for walks.

Anyone any ideas about this?

Thanks

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on Camera bag at 27/11/2007 - 16:06

mikew
XP Pro in any sensible PC should be fine so that's one issue less.

As you say try another card reader.

Mike

Comment by mikew posted on K100D banding problem at 10/12/2007 - 11:23

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo