Camera bag
Posted 27/11/2007 - 17:08
Link
No experience of that one but, I have the older Rover AW II and like it a lot. Although it is quite heavy on it's own (compared to the slingshot 200) It'll take the kit you list plus assorted accessories and waterproof jacket etc. AW stands for All Weather and it has a built-in rain cover for really wet days too.
Posted 27/11/2007 - 19:46
Link
I considered the Lowepro but after a bit of research went for the Tamrac Adventure 6 instead - apparently the Lowepro doesn't have room for a tripod whereas the Tamrac has strap "attachments" where one can be attached - I'm waiting for mine to arrive as we speak !!
Here's a link:
http://www.tantronics.co.uk/acatalog/Tamrac_5546_Adventure_6.html
simon
Here's a link:
http://www.tantronics.co.uk/acatalog/Tamrac_5546_Adventure_6.html
simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 27/11/2007 - 19:53
Link
The Rover AW II takes a tripod
Posted 27/11/2007 - 19:54
Link
I'd be very grateful if could report back as it does look like just what I need although I don't think I'd want to strap my rather large tripod to anything.
I do need a bigger top compartment really as we are going to Lisbon soon and I am told it's backpacks only so I need to get all my clothes for 4 days in the top bit! I fear I may be wearing rather a lot when I check in.
Mike
I do need a bigger top compartment really as we are going to Lisbon soon and I am told it's backpacks only so I need to get all my clothes for 4 days in the top bit! I fear I may be wearing rather a lot when I check in.
Mike
Posted 27/11/2007 - 20:21
Link
Posted 27/11/2007 - 20:59
Link
All your clothes in a photography backpack ???
Hmmm, no offence but wouldn't want to be sat next to you on the plane on the way back
From what I've found not many of the photography type backpacks seem to accomodate much in the way of luggage/other non-photography equipment - when needing much gear I always carry the camera in a standard large hiking rucsack within a small camera bag
simon
Hmmm, no offence but wouldn't want to be sat next to you on the plane on the way back
From what I've found not many of the photography type backpacks seem to accomodate much in the way of luggage/other non-photography equipment - when needing much gear I always carry the camera in a standard large hiking rucsack within a small camera bag
simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 27/11/2007 - 21:36
Link
I would look at getting a large backpack as opposed to a camera bag and pack everything in that around your camera.
Tim would'nt your tripod hit you in the back of the head carrying it like that
Tim would'nt your tripod hit you in the back of the head carrying it like that
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 27/11/2007 - 22:09
Link
I feared as much - I guess what I'll do is get the smaller camera bag type pack for my usual walking which only needs sarnies etc. and make other arrangements for Lisbon.
For myself I'd just have some checked in luggage but I think my wife wants to do it hand luggage only. We'll see. She may want to take the usual 4 or 5 pairs of shoes so that would kill her backpack.
I was very tempted by a slingshot style bag but they have even less capacity for non camera gear - unless anyone wants to persude me otherwise.
I certainly don't fancy that arrangement for the tripod! I think the good Lord gave me hands for carrying a tripod and mine is bulkier than the one in the pictures.
Thanks for the help so far!
Mike
For myself I'd just have some checked in luggage but I think my wife wants to do it hand luggage only. We'll see. She may want to take the usual 4 or 5 pairs of shoes so that would kill her backpack.
I was very tempted by a slingshot style bag but they have even less capacity for non camera gear - unless anyone wants to persude me otherwise.
I certainly don't fancy that arrangement for the tripod! I think the good Lord gave me hands for carrying a tripod and mine is bulkier than the one in the pictures.
Thanks for the help so far!
Mike
Posted 27/11/2007 - 22:39
Link
Quote:
Tim would'nt your tripod hit you in the back of the head carrying it like that
No, because when the rucksack is on my back it (the tripod) hangs down more vertically. Anyway, I usually carry the tripod on it's own, over my shoulder with it's own shoulder strap (it is bloody fiddly getting it on and off the 'sac)
Tim would'nt your tripod hit you in the back of the head carrying it like that
Posted 28/11/2007 - 07:22
Link
Unlocker
How much camera gear can you get in the bottom bit? I'll have camera with lens, two smallish zooms plus a small prime - that would go in OK?
Mike
How much camera gear can you get in the bottom bit? I'll have camera with lens, two smallish zooms plus a small prime - that would go in OK?
Mike
Posted 28/11/2007 - 12:30
Link
I'll take a photo of the inside when i get home for ya. If you mean the bottom bit on the front on the outside, it is designed for taking the feet of the tripod as it has a hole in the bottom. So not that big! The inside is huge though!
Posted 28/11/2007 - 12:41
Link
Can you take a tripod onboard now? They were banned as handluggage.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.





3241 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
Anyone any ideas about this?
Thanks
Mike