m42geo

Joined: 22nd March 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

m42geo
I am thinking to purchase a K5 to replace my K20D. At the same time I do have a few worries.

Let's start with why I would like to upgrade to K5, I think it will pefrom much better at low light high iso, I think it will focus alot faster and better in low light. That is about it. I never use my k20D over iso 500 and I am hoping I can use a K5 up to iso 1600. Focusing speed is also disappointing on K20D. And finally I found that the K20D sometimes freeze either the front or the back dail and I have to switch the camera off and back on again in order to change either the shutter speed and apeture, does this problem exist on the K5?

Now my worries, I love the meun and control of the K20D so much and I am so used to it, anyone here upgraded from a K20D can tell me what you think about the new meun and control on the K5? Also I like the size of K20D and as I understand that the K5 is smaller, I worry that it would not fit my hand as nice as the K20D, althoguh I do have 1 big issue on the K20D with battery grip, my plam keep touching the shutter release buttom on the grip when I try to view images on camera. But anyway I still love the size of K20D with grip.

Hope someone on this forum can tell me about their experience of upgrading from either K10 or K20D to K5.

Thanks

Comment by m42geo posted on From K20D to K5 at 14/10/2011 - 18:00

m42geo
Hi guys.

If I point my camera directly into the sun and take a picture, does that damage my sensor? I am asking just because I just saw a clip on youtube saying we should never do so.

Any idea?

Comment by m42geo posted on Shooting directly into the sun can damage sensor? at 14/10/2011 - 11:44

m42geo
Do you also have a 645D for sale? I would like one.

Comment by m42geo posted on Pentax 645 55mm A f2.8 lens at 14/10/2011 - 09:52

m42geo
guys, I know it is not the "right" thing to do ending aution and sell items outside ebay, but come on if you have a deal with the seller and saving 5% from each end does help a lot specially in such time when everyone is finding it hard to pay their own bills.

Losing 10% of the final vaule fees is nothing for ebay on the other hand.

There is something call the grey area in this world. I am not saying that is right but it helps.

So I have no opinion on rather dml82 is going to end the aution on purpose or not.

Everyone got to help yourself before talking anything else. An extra penny is still an extra penny in your own pocket.

Thanks

Comment by m42geo posted on K-7 body on eBay, London sale at 14/10/2011 - 09:29

m42geo
Oh by the way do they accept American Express? It does help alittle toward my airmiles for my next photography trip. ^v^

Comment by m42geo posted on Do fourm members still have discount purchasing from SRS? at 14/10/2011 - 09:18

m42geo
Is that all? I was hoping to turn up to the store and test everything out hence postage is not needed anyway.

Comment by m42geo posted on Do fourm members still have discount purchasing from SRS? at 14/10/2011 - 09:16

m42geo
Hi guys,

I am sure I read somewhere long long time ago that forum members get some sort of discount purchasing pentax product from SRS. I don;t know if this is true or if the offer still exist.

Suddenly really want to buy a K5 and I don;t even know why. K5 + battery grip and a 2nd battery would cost me about £1k so a sweet 10-15% discount would make my day.

Any idea guys?

Comment by m42geo posted on Do fourm members still have discount purchasing from SRS? at 14/10/2011 - 09:00

m42geo
To me I think you have front focusing issue. If you are focusing on the woman sitting on the chair then take a look at the floor. It seems to me it has focused about 1/4 of a meter closer to the camera than it should be.

Comment by m42geo posted on Lens seems soft after repair at 14/10/2011 - 08:55

m42geo
They are still not full size photos so it is hard to tell if there is any problem with the lens and all 7 photos you uploaded is shot at F4. I don't see no problem at all base on the photo you uoloaded here. In fact is seems better than the copy I got.

I also still using a K20D and same lens, my copy is made in vietnam. I like the bokeh produce by this lens, sharpness it is good but only just at the same level as the DA50-135 but I hate the CA from this lens.

check out my full size samples.

Comment Image

GEO_3082-1 by geovienso, on Flickr

Comment Image

GEO_0322-1 by geovienso, on Flickr

Comment Image

GEO_0276-1 by geovienso, on Flickr

Comment by m42geo posted on Lens seems soft after repair at 13/10/2011 - 23:13

m42geo
kiwao

It would be useful if you upload full size image for me to see, I also have a 77MM, I can tell you if there is a problem, compare to the one I have anyway

Thanks

Comment by m42geo posted on Lens seems soft after repair at 12/10/2011 - 18:13

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo