PLUS

Lubbyman

Joined: 28th March 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Lubbyman
It took a long time for me to work out what this had to do with an ox skull... Then came the 'Aha!' moment and the whole picture changed!

Well composed, nice light, not too many bluebells. It lifts the 'bluebell wood' genre to a new level.

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on Ox skull bluebells at 20/04/2019 - 20:44

Lubbyman
Nope. It's "This is my tummy, you may tickle it now".

Nice picture, by the way.

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on "This is my best side, you may take my picture now." at 20/04/2019 - 20:30

Lubbyman
Spammer or not, if you go to the Lensbaby online shop and filter for Pentax K mount, it displays 8 lenses. Looks good so far. But click on any of them and go to 'Choose a mount' and none of them has K mount as an option. Not that I care personally, Lensbaby lenses don't interest me at all. But if I were interested, the lack of K mount would be rather annoying. Of course, it might just be a glitch on their website.

Mind your, they don't appear to make lenses for Leica mounts. I wonder if Leica owners are getting upset?

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on New lenses for Pentax Cameras at 20/04/2019 - 14:54

Lubbyman
Excellent!

There's something about it that makes me think of a Hubble telescope image of an intergalactic feather floating among the distant galaxies....

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on The floating feather at 20/04/2019 - 10:33

Lubbyman
derek897 wrote:
I probably take about 7 or 8 for every 1 that I'd be happy to use
Ah, of course. The first rule of wildlife photography: Never show you failures

I'm going to a garden centre this morning for a few plants. Your daffodil background is making me wonder whether to choose them for the background they will give for bug macros. Never thought of that before!

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on A salute from a bug at 20/04/2019 - 10:25

Lubbyman
That yellow background - stunning! The rest of them are good, too.

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on A salute from a bug at 18/04/2019 - 21:45

Lubbyman
An imaginative concept, imaginatively and skillfully executed.

For hanging on the wall, nos. 2 and 13. But my favourite is no. 8, the insects going about their business show nature as a work-in-progress rather than just a thing of beauty.

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on To the woods, to the woods ! (K1 image heavy). at 18/04/2019 - 21:34

Lubbyman
droopsnoot wrote:
I find that mine tend to look better when I'm shooting them than when I get them home.
There are a lot of that sort on my hard drive, too!

I've found a few trees with interesting shapes and good backgrounds. It's then just a matter of being there when the light is right, the sun is setting in the right place, the weather is good, there are no leaves on the tree etc. etc. Of course, I haven't the faintest idea what type of tree most of them are.

Do we need a 'Bare tree pictures' thread??

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on Bronze Age View? at 18/04/2019 - 21:21

Lubbyman
derek897 wrote:
Noooooooooooo 😥😥😥😥
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss

You know you want to - it's the ultimate focus challenge !!!!

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on Minimalist Green at 16/04/2019 - 11:28

Lubbyman
derek897 wrote:
Tbh, I would have liked the point of focus right at the tip, but on balance I thought this was close enough
Might having the point of focus at the tip change the whole feel of it? The loss of focus towards the tip suggests (to me) a path disappearing into the far distance (infinity?). With the tip in focus, that might be lost. There's only one way to find out...

Steve

Comment by Lubbyman posted on Minimalist Green at 15/04/2019 - 21:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo