Minimalist Green


derek897

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 00:20
A very basic shot, just a blade of grass, that was blowing in the breeze, a kind of minimalism, at least to me.



I know what i like, If not always why.

Sry

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 07:36
A softly strong image. Quite lovely.

Helpful

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 08:22
Absolutely love this Derek... great imagination to see it...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 10:14
Really, really good. Definitely minimalism, but the soft and flowing sort rather than hard and angular.

Be honest, though - since the grass was blowing in the breeze (a) how many shots did it take to get the point of focus just right; (b) did you visualise this first or was it one of those "Oooh, look at that!" moments when you looked through a lot of random images?? Either way, the end justifies the means.

Steve

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 12:17
Lubbyman wrote:
Really, really good. Definitely minimalism, but the soft and flowing sort rather than hard and angular.

Be honest, though - since the grass was blowing in the breeze (a) how many shots did it take to get the point of focus just right; (b) did you visualise this first or was it one of those "Oooh, look at that!" moments when you looked through a lot of random images?? Either way, the end justifies the means.

Steve

8 shots is what it took and I had to chimp each shot, 😂😂😂😂
Tbh, I would have liked the point of focus right at the tip, but on balance I thought this was close enough, I saw the shot before I took it, but that maybe because I took a similar shot last week with a dew drop on a blade of grass.

Thanks guys
I know what i like, If not always why.

pschlute

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 12:33
Very nice, imaginative too.
Peter



My Flickr page

Helpful

McBrian

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 15:45
+1 for all the above
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 21:32
derek897 wrote:
Tbh, I would have liked the point of focus right at the tip, but on balance I thought this was close enough

Might having the point of focus at the tip change the whole feel of it? The loss of focus towards the tip suggests (to me) a path disappearing into the far distance (infinity?). With the tip in focus, that might be lost. There's only one way to find out...

Steve

derek897

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 21:59
Lubbyman wrote:
derek897 wrote:
Tbh, I would have liked the point of focus right at the tip, but on balance I thought this was close enough

Might having the point of focus at the tip change the whole feel of it? The loss of focus towards the tip suggests (to me) a path disappearing into the far distance (infinity?). With the tip in focus, that might be lost. There's only one way to find out...

Steve

Noooooooooooo 😥😥😥😥
I know what i like, If not always why.

K10D

Link Posted 16/04/2019 - 09:49
Well "put together". Very good effect. Subtle lower start leading to a strong upper finish.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/04/2019 - 11:28
derek897 wrote:
Noooooooooooo 😥😥😥😥

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss

You know you want to - it's the ultimate focus challenge !!!!

Steve

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/04/2019 - 12:18
Nice result - difficult to get right (I know, I don't frequently)!

Like the deep black background enhancing the natural glow of the green
LennyBloke

Helpful

razashaikh

Link Posted 16/04/2019 - 13:44
WoW! Something new to see. A quite Imaginative image. Loved it.
Moment Stamper: Date Stamp Photo

Helpful

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/04/2019 - 01:35
Great idea and super execution of it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.