All Forum Comments
Comment by justa posted on Which Wide angle ? at 06/09/2010 - 08:15
Hi all
I've just bought a new k-x, can anyone recommend some rechargeable batteries to go with it ?
Also I will be needing a case - the smaller the better as I am lazy ! At the moment i have 2 lenses and won't be adding anymore for a while - I really like the style of crumpler bags....
thanks
I've just bought a new k-x, can anyone recommend some rechargeable batteries to go with it ?
Also I will be needing a case - the smaller the better as I am lazy ! At the moment i have 2 lenses and won't be adding anymore for a while - I really like the style of crumpler bags....
thanks
Comment by justa posted on Batteries and bag for a k-x ? at 05/09/2010 - 11:14
Hi all
Thought I'd better do the done thing and say hello on here - i may be asking a few questions.
I bought myself a K-M yesterday from Currys of all places - it came with 2 lenses an 18-55 and a 50 -200
I am new to SLRs only a Panasonic Bridge camera before and various compacts - I went for the Pentax on the strength of the reviews and the fact that its quite small - it also just felt right !
Oh and I got tired of people telling me to buy a Nikon/Canon.....
Anyone I've got lots of questions to ask about batteries and bags so I'll take a wander around
thanks
Justin
Thought I'd better do the done thing and say hello on here - i may be asking a few questions.
I bought myself a K-M yesterday from Currys of all places - it came with 2 lenses an 18-55 and a 50 -200
I am new to SLRs only a Panasonic Bridge camera before and various compacts - I went for the Pentax on the strength of the reviews and the fact that its quite small - it also just felt right !
Oh and I got tired of people telling me to buy a Nikon/Canon.....
Anyone I've got lots of questions to ask about batteries and bags so I'll take a wander around
thanks
Justin
Comment by justa posted on Hello all - newbie Pentax user ! at 05/09/2010 - 11:03


Newbie question here - one of the reasons for me buying an SLR was to get a nice wide angle lens to go with it - i like landscape photos and buildings..
As I am new to this I don't really know what I am looking for - my kit lens is 18-55 but my Panasonic Compact was 27mm - I know there is a conversion somewhere and i know my 18-55 isn't wider than my 27 compact !
My budget is very limited so what should I look out for ? Second hand seems the best way forward but what make/size lens should I be looking for and what should I expect to pay ?
many thanks !