john941

Joined: 6th September 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

john941
I think he found the only clean bit.

John

Comment by john941 posted on A trip back in time at 24/01/2012 - 10:04

john941
10 out of 10 for that set David, you certainly made your trip worthwhile.

Comment by john941 posted on A trip back in time at 23/01/2012 - 23:20

john941
Nice set Cliff, and nice to meet David who travelled a long way to be there.
Anyway here's some of mine.
Cliff finding something interesting, I don't know who the chappie in the background is taking a photo of me taking a photo of Cliff taking a photo of the loco.
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/jpg-2.jpg[/IMG]

And the 45407 ready for the off.
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/jpg.jpg[/IMG]

I don't normally do mono but wont be left out
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/71000.jpg[/IMG]

And finally a little sadle tanker
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/jpg-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by john941 posted on A trip back in time at 23/01/2012 - 14:55

john941
A teli-converter to fit the DA 60-250mm lens

Comment by john941 posted on Lens Thoughts at 14/01/2012 - 13:28

john941
Most probably an age thing with me but I've tried useing my K5 in live view but I just can't hold the camera steady and that was with a short lens. Also on a bright day it can be difficult viewing the screen.

Comment by john941 posted on K-5 discontinued? at 09/01/2012 - 10:16

john941
Great set of shots but the kid in #1 really makes it for me.

Comment by john941 posted on World Champion ENDURO at 09/01/2012 - 09:57

john941
Great set of shots.

Comment by john941 posted on Watch shots with DFA 100mm at 09/01/2012 - 09:50

john941
Well spotted and shot.

Comment by john941 posted on Happy Days at 09/01/2012 - 09:46

john941
Here is a shot I took last year at 3200. A lot of IQ has been lost in resizing and converting to JPEG
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/AMsized_IMGP1918.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/AMsized_fullsize.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by john941 posted on New K5, need help with noise reduction at 31/12/2011 - 11:49

john941
My K5 is normally set to 800, shooting RAW and processing in ACR with just a tweak in CS5 if required and I have no problem. Useing my normal lens which is the pentax 17-70mm requires very little sharpening, which is a good thing as sharpeng to much will cause noise.

Comment by john941 posted on New K5, need help with noise reduction at 31/12/2011 - 10:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo