Jim-w

Joined: 3rd August 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Jim-w
The body needs to be in AF. S and you need to enable "catch in focus" custom menu 25.
Works on my m50 f1.7 but for some reason I can't make it work on the vivitar f2.8 macro.

Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on catch in focus. How do you do it? at 22/03/2013 - 13:33

Jim-w
Just to let you know I have now posted results and comments on the monthly copetition. sorry for the delay but have been up since silly o'clock and only arrived home a short time ago.

Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Monthly competition #8 Broken. at 01/03/2013 - 16:29

Jim-w
I am interested and like these shots as my work is based just 2 mins away, have been wanting to come down here and take some pictures for a while but just never get round to it. I just wondered if you managed to get up by the new bridge where there are still some old warehouses that have not been touched yet, could make some nice before and after type shots. As I only emigrated to Gloucestershire from Narfolk about 7 years ago I don't remember what the docks area used to look like, but my wife tells me it was a dump, and I am sure that did nothing for Gloucesters image, at least now the buildings are being put to good use and there is obviously no shortage of people wanting to live in them. I know there are also several offices there, lots of shops (expensive I know)and lots of cafe's catering to the tourist trade,also the national waterways museum and the council offices.
I like the hdr treatment of these shots it's not to over the top and brings them to life. Not sure about hdr being "cookie cutter" I guess that term could be applied to all sorts of pp styles.

Comment by Jim-w posted on must have been an HDR weekend at 26/02/2013 - 15:52

Jim-w
Very clever stuff, anyone else spot the guy in a one show tee shirt looking directly at the camera and also busby waving.

Comment by Jim-w posted on 360 GigaPixels pano of London at 23/02/2013 - 11:38

Jim-w
And here I was wondering if I had just increased my PU usable cameras to three.

Comment by Jim-w posted on What are the Samsung equivalents ? at 14/02/2013 - 16:22

Jim-w
On a recent rumage I came across two Samsung compact cameras one film and other digital, and has got me wondering just what are the Samsung equivalents?

Comment by Jim-w posted on What are the Samsung equivalents ? at 14/02/2013 - 16:08

Jim-w
One for those with lens buying adiction

link

Comment by Jim-w posted on Fancy some bling ! at 11/02/2013 - 21:07

Jim-w
Just had one of those weeks I am sure we all have from time to time, first our boiler broke then my van broke down then I managed to break my glasses and just to round it of my van broke down again at 5 o’clock this morning.
So the theme for this month is Broken, Breaking or Damaged.
There is no restriction on the subject matter as long as you feel it fits the theme.
Broken crockery, windows, furniture, damaged fences, buildings, cars, trees etc. I am sure you can think of plenty more.
Looking forward to seeing and judging your entries, will be an interesting experience for a first time judge.
Usual rules apply. Pentax or Samsung equivalents. Picture must be taken during February 2013.
Good luck........Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Monthly competition #8 Broken. at 01/02/2013 - 18:08

Jim-w
Recently became a grandad for the first time so thought I would share a couple of pics taken yesterday of Daisy aged 18 days young. c&c welcome. Also thinking about getting some continuous lighting softboxes so would be interested in your thoughts as to types suitable for photographing Daisy and other things. These shots taken using the little available daylight at the time. Both shots using Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro set around f5.6.

0.3 sec iso 160
Comment Image


1/8 sec iso 160
Comment Image

Comment by Jim-w posted on Introducing Daisy at 27/01/2013 - 18:55

Jim-w
ocatoro wrote:
love it. theyre in the forest of dean as well aren't they? are they easy to find or do they tend to hoof it?
Yes they are here in the forest, have heard estimates of between 300 to 800 of them. They are proably easier to find at night time as they tend to come out of the forest and onto the the verges and peoples gardens wich they can totaly destroy in one night and leave looking like it's just been ploughed. I do see them sometimes in the day but generaly they trot off when they here you coming, also I tend to be careful as I usualy have my dog with me and the big fellas have been known to attack dogs.

Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Young Boar at 08/01/2013 - 02:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo