Jealousy

Joined: 9th May 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Jealousy
About that Pentax Crossover - anyone know if it has that extra diagonal strap (like Slingshot) to keep the bag upright, or just the main one?
I found a great deal at Amazon, 30% cheaper than Lowepro.

Can't find decent photos of it, just the front shot...

Comment by Jealousy posted on Is Lowepro Slingshot really that good? at 13/06/2007 - 14:19

Jealousy
Quote:
Pentax have their own version of it too. It is supposed to be even better than the Lowepro!...
Why is it better?
I'm about to buy one of them right now, just can't decide Lowepro or Pentax. Unfortunately i can't try them coz we don't have them in shops, so i have to buy online.

Comment by Jealousy posted on Is Lowepro Slingshot really that good? at 04/06/2007 - 14:41

Jealousy
Quote:
Pentax have their own version of it too.
Any link to that? Name or something? I can't find any Pentax bags

Comment by Jealousy posted on Is Lowepro Slingshot really that good? at 04/06/2007 - 12:21

Jealousy
Quote:
I think it's brilliant....
Thanks!
So i guess for 55 euros its quite a bargain?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290125391237&rd=1&rd=1

Comment by Jealousy posted on Is Lowepro Slingshot really that good? at 04/06/2007 - 12:18

Jealousy
Hello there!

I'm wondering - is that fancy Lowepro Slingshot 200 really as good as it sounds? I mean - how easy is it in real life to use it, sliding from back to front.

I'm not a pro or something, but i travel a lot, and i constantly have that same old problem of changing lenses over and over again. Right now i have Lowepro Mico Trekker backpack, and its really a pain in the ... to take it off, levitate in one hand while changing lens with another, getting it back on, just to repeat it all after a few moments. So i think that Slingshot bag would be perfect for me, but I'm not sure is it really that good.

I have K100D with two lenses- kit and 320mm zoom, plus a flash unit. That should fit easily in Slingshot 200.

What do you say?

Comment Image

Comment by Jealousy posted on Is Lowepro Slingshot really that good? at 04/06/2007 - 11:48

Jealousy
Quote:
... and any sample pics with this lens would be appreciated.
Here, just some samples taken with my K100D and 80-320mm.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jybook/320

Comment by Jealousy posted on Pentax 80-320mm on K100D at 29/05/2007 - 08:26

Jealousy
Quote:

When I studied optics, 18 was wider than 19.

G
I presumed that Cosina is in 35mm format...

Comment by Jealousy posted on Help me choose cheap wideangle at 24/05/2007 - 11:26

Jealousy
Quote:
that lens will certainly be no better than the DA 18-55, and probably quite a lot worse....
Thanks!
I have the kit 18-55 lens. Just thought this was a bit wider.

Comment by Jealousy posted on Help me choose cheap wideangle at 24/05/2007 - 11:12

Jealousy
Hello there!
I'm looking for a cheap wide angle lens. I'm browsing ebay and found some interesting options, one of which was this Cosina 19-35/3,5-4,5.
What can you tell me about it? How bad is it? I guess pretty bad, since the price for NEW is just 109 euros. But... what can you say?

P.S. maybe someone here is selling used wide lens for similar money?

My camera - K100D

Comment by Jealousy posted on Help me choose cheap wideangle at 24/05/2007 - 11:01

Jealousy
I have a funny little dilemma now. It is everywhere said that Pentax doesn't recommend the use of R-CRV3 batteries, since their power is up to 3.7V instead of needed 3V. Now, i have rechargeable AA batteries (Duracell 2650), which after full charging have 1.4V instead of 1.2V. What should i do? Can i use them in my K100D or not? Or should i somehow discharge them to 1.2V?


I use slow (200mAh) individually controlled charger, checked the battery voltage with voltmeter.

Comment by Jealousy posted on About AA battery voltage at 19/05/2007 - 10:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo