ikillrocknroll

Joined: 14th December 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ikillrocknroll
eh my mum just told me shes not letting me buy any more lenses for now anyway (even though all those wanted were out of the price range

So basically that means no 90/100/105mm macro(depending on the manufacturer) but a 50-200 instead

I prefer primes as well

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Never seen.. at 16/01/2008 - 21:57

ikillrocknroll
Yeahh.. I re-read it, I just couldnt be bothered changing my post

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Never seen.. at 14/01/2008 - 21:03

ikillrocknroll
Yeah, theyre around the price I was expecting.
His postage prices are ridiculous though.. £25? Should only cost about £7.

Pentax needs to make a few less expensive zooms
I mean, the 50-200 and 70-300 are entry level
I Kinda want something for walking around, and a prime around 85/135/200 would suit me just fine you see
Maybe Ill check out some manual focus lenses.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Never seen.. at 14/01/2008 - 19:13

ikillrocknroll
A prime FA/FA* telephoto on sale
And to be quite honest, i'd like to - what are the prices on these lenses?
Specifically,
SMC 85mm f1.4 (IF) FA*
SMC 135mm f2.8 IF FA
SMC 200mm f2.8 ED(IF) FA*

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Never seen.. at 14/01/2008 - 18:52

ikillrocknroll
I dont understand, surely its just promoting pentax?

Anyway, simply put electrical tape or masking tape over the logos, problem solved.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Does the world need another online photo-tutorial resource? at 14/01/2008 - 13:22

ikillrocknroll
When I say terrible quality
I dont mean terrible, just worse than photoshop compression.
I shall take some examples if you want, but its not just noise and lower quality
If the white balance is wrong, its hard to sort it out, and highlights/shadows are often worse quality in my opinion, compared to RAW.

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but the one time I shot in jpg, I didnt like the quality of the results (this was just some things round the house), went back and shot in RAW and it worked out alot better.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on help with raw at 13/01/2008 - 12:02

ikillrocknroll
And generally the in-camera compression to jpg leaves you with terrible quality, from experience.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on help with raw at 13/01/2008 - 11:24

ikillrocknroll
Those shots are very impressive, the colours really stand out in the first few.
I can see noise creeping in the 4th, and the last two

The 5th shot is incredible considering its 1600ISO!

Great shots. I take it the exhibition was for the 2008 opening, friday/saturday?

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Sigma 10-20 Low Light High ISO at 13/01/2008 - 10:59

ikillrocknroll
Hahah

I personally didnt see why someone said the double yellows should have been removed, they drew your eye in, in one sense.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on pnjmcc's entry for "Building" Competition... at 12/01/2008 - 22:05

ikillrocknroll
Comment Image


Removed glare from building, darkened sky to compensate, removed litter, bumps in road and double yellows, slightly altered levels removing the greenish/cyan tinge.

I dunno if its better or not, it depends on what the church really looks like, but I thought i'd have a play (hope you dont mind)

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on pnjmcc's entry for "Building" Competition... at 12/01/2008 - 19:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo