Does the world need another online photo-tutorial resource?
Poll Results
| would you use an online tutorial for learning/problemsolving? | |||
| yes? |
|
88% | [30] |
| no? |
|
12% | [4] |
| Total Votes : 34 | |||
Posted 14/01/2008 - 12:38
Link
Don, I have always found your help and advice extremely valuable. Your adhoc, in situ approach to solving problems is at times quite ingenious.
I think you may be doing yourself a disservice by offering what you propose for free.
Steve
I think you may be doing yourself a disservice by offering what you propose for free.
Steve
Posted 14/01/2008 - 12:40
Link
Quote:
I've already asked Pentax Canada about using the Pentax cameras in my videos, and they've declined to give permission.
I don't understand why Pentax's permission is needed to do something like this.
I've already asked Pentax Canada about using the Pentax cameras in my videos, and they've declined to give permission.
Posted 14/01/2008 - 12:41
Link
because I intend to give the content and charge the advertizers....for ad space, on my site and comercials on the video clips.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 14/01/2008 - 12:46
Link
Quote:
because I intend to give the content and charge the advertizers....for ad space, on my site and comercials on the video clips.
I still don't see why this makes a difference to Pentax.because I intend to give the content and charge the advertizers....for ad space, on my site and comercials on the video clips.
I can see why the advertisers wouldn't like their ads next to obvious use of a competitor's product, but if they don't object, I can't see why Pentax would object to you using their product.
Sorry if I'm being dense.
Posted 14/01/2008 - 13:04
Link
thier logos are copyrighted, trademarked.
I'm using the video and any stills I shoot for commercial purposes, need permission or risk getting sued.
I don't understand why they refused....
getting it out thier is good. Even if my project fails to generate any good ad revenue, seeing somebody create nice images with Pentax cameras is free advertising for them (short term) if it proves sucessful, it'd still be inexpensive for them to pay me for product placement later on, IF I asked them.
I'm a loyal customer. From the first camera I ever used (in highschool) to the first camera I ever owned (k1000) some twenty odd years later....
I still buy Pentax
about seven years ago, My kids entered me in a contest where they wrote about why thier dad was the best. the contest was held by a winnipeg tv station. I won a $500.00 gift certificate for a high end footware store.
I got two nice pairs of shoes, on dress, on casual.
At that point in my life I was buying ten dollar sale items for myself to keep decent shoes on my kids. my dress shoes (only wear at weddings) are still in great shape...but the other pair were completely worn out. They were my favorite shoes
Yesterday I got a new pair of shoes...the exact same pair I just threw out.
That's just me....
I'm using the video and any stills I shoot for commercial purposes, need permission or risk getting sued.
I don't understand why they refused....
getting it out thier is good. Even if my project fails to generate any good ad revenue, seeing somebody create nice images with Pentax cameras is free advertising for them (short term) if it proves sucessful, it'd still be inexpensive for them to pay me for product placement later on, IF I asked them.
I'm a loyal customer. From the first camera I ever used (in highschool) to the first camera I ever owned (k1000) some twenty odd years later....
I still buy Pentax
about seven years ago, My kids entered me in a contest where they wrote about why thier dad was the best. the contest was held by a winnipeg tv station. I won a $500.00 gift certificate for a high end footware store.
I got two nice pairs of shoes, on dress, on casual.
At that point in my life I was buying ten dollar sale items for myself to keep decent shoes on my kids. my dress shoes (only wear at weddings) are still in great shape...but the other pair were completely worn out. They were my favorite shoes
Yesterday I got a new pair of shoes...the exact same pair I just threw out.
That's just me....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 14/01/2008 - 13:14
Link
I have always found video tutorials to be a better format for learning.
I use them (if i can find them) for PS. I find them most helpful.
I use them (if i can find them) for PS. I find them most helpful.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 14/01/2008 - 13:22
Link
I dont understand, surely its just promoting pentax?
Anyway, simply put electrical tape or masking tape over the logos, problem solved.
Anyway, simply put electrical tape or masking tape over the logos, problem solved.
Posted 27/01/2008 - 06:33
Link
Yep, I am not sure why they object to free advertising. After all, a camera is a camera, and Pentax ones take good images. Also I would not offer it for free. If you charged 5 dollars a month, and had no advertising, would Pentax still object if you did not mask out their name?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6213 posts
20 years
Winterpeg Manitoba Canada
The ideal is inspired by these forums.
People can ask questions for help, and I'll create a short video podcast (available through iTunes) demonstrating the answers.
the service will be free.
I've already asked Pentax Canada about using the Pentax cameras in my videos, and they've declined to give permission. That means I'll have to paint over thier logos. or switch brands. So before I do anything too rash....
who would like to see such a service?