ikillrocknroll

Joined: 14th December 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ikillrocknroll
Yeahhh, they only have XL in used stock on the website now.
personally the smaller sizes are better
in the graphire at least, the volito is very small

I use mine for everything too.
Well, if it messes up (and acts like a mouse rather than a tablet, so you have to drag the pen constantly, specially bad on a large res) i have my mouse as standby. It only requires a restart to fix it, but I dunno why it happens =/

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Graphic Tablet at 21/01/2008 - 19:41

ikillrocknroll
I use a wacom graphire 4
you can pick up refurbished graphire 3/4 on wacoms website
they are no different than newer versions (except those are more "stylish" and maybe slightly more sensitive - check it out though, i doubt it)

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Graphic Tablet at 21/01/2008 - 19:18

ikillrocknroll
They leave the power on to abandoned hospital theatres?

:

Nice shots though

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Urban Dereliction at 20/01/2008 - 18:55

ikillrocknroll
is there no worry that you will get dust etc inside your reversed lens though?

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on cheap macro (microscope!) lens order. at 20/01/2008 - 15:37

ikillrocknroll
Thats incredible.. I spent about 5minutes trying to find where IRB was on a penny, only by looking at the original pictures could I work it out, theyre so small!

Sensor is like 24x15, so yeah, 24:1.
Nice work

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on cheap macro (microscope!) lens order. at 20/01/2008 - 15:07

ikillrocknroll
Well considering it cost me around.. Yeah, £480 to buy both those lenses, Im not too happy! Heh.
I dont mind much really
But yeah.. I got caught out on custom charges for buying in a bunch of clothes, though its not really that bad.

Pentax in US is definately cheaper than UK.. just look at the US prices on ebay =/

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Price difference - Pentax lenses at 17/01/2008 - 21:31

ikillrocknroll
If you do put them on ebay, mind posting a link here?
Thanks,
Rob.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Clearance Digital Gears at 17/01/2008 - 20:11

ikillrocknroll
If I'm honest,
I have absolutely no idea

I use the RAW converter in photoshop, and its just set to open at 11mp.

And using the USM, I think, yeah its not really noticable, the left is just as sharp but by resizing and sharpening the details in stages, I think the right has retained more detail.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Resizing and sharpening at 17/01/2008 - 19:39

ikillrocknroll
Quote:
I'm wondering what the logic is in continually resizing as every time you do that you are resampling and therefore reducing the image quality.

:
Comment Image


Left side is resized from 4000px to 800px and sharpened using highpass on 0.5 and overlayed.
Right side uses the repitition.

Id say it preserves detail, but maybe its a personal opinion?
It all depends how you like your sharpness

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Resizing and sharpening at 17/01/2008 - 18:12

ikillrocknroll
The best method I have come across:

Open the image in photoshop
Now I work with my photos at larger than 6mp from my K100D, actually 11mp. I dont know why, I scale them down anyway, but this gives me a width of 4000px

At 4000px, duplicate layer (ctrl+J), apply high pass filter at 0.3-0.5px, set layer to overlay.
Resize to 3500px, repeat steps
Resize to 3000px, " "
Etc, every 500px, down to 1000, then resize to 800 and do a final highpass.

If you just want to sharpen for printing, I recommend either using this method down to the size you want, or using your RAW converter's, but dont overdo it.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Resizing and sharpening at 17/01/2008 - 17:04

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo