Hyram

Joined: 29th December 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Hyram
A colleague of mine will shortly be visting America for a couple of weeks.

Can anyone based in America tell me if it is worth asking him to buy a genuine Pentax DL-150 battery for my K10D ?

At £49 in the UK, they seem a ridiculous price, but they might be just $49 across the pond.

A search on Google has not revealed much about American prices.

Comment by Hyram posted on Stupid K10D battery prices at 01/04/2007 - 10:47

Hyram
I know that there has been much speculation about the likely prices of the DA* lenses due out in March, but does anyone have any reasonably firm information on pricing or know when Pentax will announce the prices ?

The RRP for the K10D appeared to be known well in advance or was that purely because the cameras arrived late ?

Comment by Hyram posted on Pentax DA* Lenses at 28/01/2007 - 10:07

Hyram
I have one with the standard 24mm lens and the 50mm lens, but it has not been used for quite a few years.

Is 110 film still readily available and easily processed ?

Comment by Hyram posted on Pentax 110 at 07/01/2007 - 16:47

Hyram
Apart from selling a KX with 55mm lens many years ago, which I still regret, I have kept my various Pentax bodies and lenses, partly because they are not worth very much, but mainly for sentimental reasons. In particular the Auto 110SLR is an amazing little camera but highly unlikely to be used again.

The K10D is my first digital SLR but I shall keep a C*n*n I*u* compact,
which is used by my other half and by me at work.

Comment by Hyram posted on Spare body or spare cash? at 07/01/2007 - 09:12

Hyram
Matt

Thanks for the information. With the weather so bad since the camera arrived yesterday, I have only been able to take indoor photographs so far. However it does give me the opportunity to thoroughly read the manual.

Hyram

Comment by Hyram posted on K10D and Pentax AF280T Flash at 29/12/2006 - 10:30

Hyram
I have just purchased a K10D body and plan to use it initially with my existing 35mm Pentax lenses, with a view to purchasing one of the new DA* lenses in the Spring. I also have a Pentax AF280T flashgun originally purchased for use with a Pentax SuperA. Does anyone know if this will work with the K10D ?

Comment by Hyram posted on K10D and Pentax AF280T Flash at 29/12/2006 - 09:39

Hyram
Quote:
I would second that - I love my K10D, but it's very bulky compared to my Super A.
Agreed

Comment by Hyram posted on DON'T BUY PENTAX DIGITAL LENSES!!! at 09/05/2008 - 13:17

Hyram
I see that there has been no recent debate on spare batteries - i.e. whether to buy the genuine Pentax product @ £50 or a cheaper battery @ £10 or less. The £6.99 battery seems to be unavailable, but Chris at SRS has supplies of an Inov8 battery @ £10. It is two months since the last post on the subject and I wonder if anyone can provide an update on how they have found any of the non-Pentax batteries :

Comment by Hyram posted on Pentax K10D costs at 11/03/2007 - 08:40

Hyram
As a young lad I always wanted a Pentax Spotmatic but could not afford one. By the time I could afford one, the first K-mount cameras had arrived and I bought a KX. Regrettably I part exchanged it some years later for an ME Super. I don't regeret buying the ME Super but just wish that I had also kept the KX. Since then I have kept any cameras that I have bought, mainly for nostalgic reasons.

Comment by Hyram posted on Why did you buy a Pantax? at 17/03/2007 - 20:43

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo