Hullman

Joined: 24th May 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Hullman
I was at Focus on Imaging at the NEC today. Nice to get out and geek for a day and some really good presentations, especially an hours talk from Jeff Ascough..

But I have to say it's so disappointing to see such a lack of Pentax gear I knew that Pentax did not have a stand (as they didn't last year) but at least last year you could find Penatx lenses for sale at Jacobs and Pentax fit Tamron gear. This year I was honestly hard pushed to find anything at all with the Pentax name on it.

If it wasn't for their historical name you would honestly think it was dead as a brand.

I sat through a presentation for the new Nikon D7100 with my friend and kept saying 'Yup, K-5 does that" , "K-5 has that feature" . It's such a great camera that no one has heard of...

Sigh...

Comment by Hullman posted on Focus on Imaging - Poor show for Pentax at 03/03/2013 - 18:38

Hullman
Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice with this, and apologise for taking so long to do so ! I've been offline for a little while dealing with family issues and totally forgot about this thread !

Poor show on my part, sorry chaps...

Comment by Hullman posted on K-r repair ? at 03/03/2013 - 18:28

Hullman
Dear All

Does anyone have any experience of getting a K-r repaired? I recently purchased a second hand K-r for my girlfriend and unfortunately she had a nasty fall in the recent weather and the camera got damaged.

The LCD screen on the back is not displaying all colours (e.g. what should be white appears pink), it almost looks like it's just a loose connector as every now and again it momentarily flicks back to being normal. The camera functions properly and takes photo's as normal, the the information on the screen is all perfectly readable just with a pink cast which can make previewing images a little difficult.

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for places to take it for repair and how much it might end up costing me?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Comment by Hullman posted on K-r repair ? at 08/02/2013 - 14:42

Hullman
yup defiantly the last one.

Comment by Hullman posted on Which crop? at 22/01/2013 - 16:13

Hullman
Putting this great little lens up for sale as I've just purchased a FA43Ltd and don't think I'll use both.

Looking for £200 including RMSD, will post pictures and more details later.

Cheers
Andy

Comment by Hullman posted on FS: Pentax FA 50mm 1.4 at 22/01/2013 - 13:02

Hullman
I reckon you stand a good chance with those Dave, great shots.

Comment by Hullman posted on Entered comp at local club... at 16/01/2013 - 21:04

Hullman
I'll be going, booked the Monday off work.

Comment by Hullman posted on Focus on imaging 2013 at 15/01/2013 - 14:03

Hullman
That all sounds incredibly impressive Matt I won't lie and say that understand anything of what you said

I did have the same feedback issue with the sound of the shutter though and got my camera into an infinite loop lol

Comment by Hullman posted on TriggerTrap iPhone App at 08/01/2013 - 21:14

Hullman
I'd be interested to know how you get on with that Matt

Comment by Hullman posted on TriggerTrap iPhone App at 07/01/2013 - 10:53

Hullman
Just to confirm that it was the Canon version I bought and used with my K5 as has been pointed out its compatible with Pentax gear.

To get this shot I connected the dongle to my flashgun and set the iPhone to trigger on noise, you can set the threshold quite low so the sound of the strawberry hitting the spoon was enough to trigger the flash. I'd already put the camera on a tripod, manually focused and took some test shots to get the right exposure. The room was dark so I put the camera in bulb mode and depressed the shutter manually via a remote, then threw the strawberry, the flash was set to 1/64 so freezes the action, then release shutter.

Simple really, once it was all set up the hardest part was hitting the spoon

Cheers

Comment by Hullman posted on TriggerTrap iPhone App at 06/01/2013 - 23:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo