GrahamNR17

Joined: 28th December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

GrahamNR17
Just in case anyone's after one, there's three K20D bodies on the Pentax UK fleabay shop link

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on K20D refurbs at 05/02/2009 - 20:02

GrahamNR17
Go to the Ebay reviews section, search for KR Mount. Someone has done a blow-by-blow tutorial with photos on how to do it. I've done three Ricoh 50mm lenses for a work colleague and it was quite easy. Just have a well-lit place to sit and work, a couple of lens caps for the screw, and some time without being disturbed. The second one you'll do with your eyes closed*

*not literally, please don't close your eyes

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on kr mount at 05/02/2009 - 19:54

GrahamNR17
HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Comment Image


Just like I said in another thread, they have no smart cookies at the top; and none in their advertising dept., it seems!

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on Adverts at 05/02/2009 - 18:31

GrahamNR17
Apologies, didn't mean to sound defensive at all. There was SO much excellent advice coming my way, just wanted to reiterate that the requirement was size

Graham wot's been told size is important, but I don't listen to her!

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on K110D Emergency Camera! at 04/02/2009 - 19:35

GrahamNR17
They're beautiful!

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on More water droplets at 04/02/2009 - 19:00

GrahamNR17
Splendid!

She's adorable, in a slightly frightening way

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on Suspicious Lil at 04/02/2009 - 18:47

GrahamNR17
It's really is entirely about size. AF indicators aren't that important to me or indeed the number of points. I tend to use MF for 90 percent of the time anyway, but at the moment I don't have any AF glass anyway. The K-m has tons more 'features' than I'd actually use already. What I'm trying to get away from is my tendency to not bother taking a camera with me when I go out as I've always got my hands full with three to six dogs, so my camera needs to be as small and light as possible. The camera I need doesn't exist yet, so in the meantime I'm trying to make do with the best small camera I can find.

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on K110D Emergency Camera! at 04/02/2009 - 18:42

GrahamNR17
terje-l wrote:
Going from a K100D to a K-m must be a step backwards in my opinion. Better to reach for a K200D.
Yeah, I can see the sense in that, but it was a size thing.

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on K110D Emergency Camera! at 04/02/2009 - 15:23

GrahamNR17
SRS Microsystems, just short of twenty quid, postage free if you give them your username from here. Order it now, you'll have it in no time

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on Interesting Cheap Primes at 04/02/2009 - 13:51

GrahamNR17
womble wrote:
Do you know if any of the 135mm Sonnars have the later mount?
Is that the extra 'lumps and bumps' and a slidey bit similar to K-mount? If so, no, the nearest the M42 Sonnar got to 'modern' was the electric version for PLC/LLC etc Prakticas, which had three electrical contacts.

Comment by GrahamNR17 posted on Interesting Cheap Primes at 04/02/2009 - 09:17

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo