grahamcoad

Joined: 8th October 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

grahamcoad
Comment Image

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Still liking my K-01! at 27/08/2015 - 07:09

grahamcoad
Horst you will see I have added an optical viewfinder for use in bright conditions. I live in Cornwall where the sun shines all the time

The Leica 50mm viewfinder covers a similar field of view to the 35mm f2.4. on the K-01 cropped sensor.

Comment by grahamcoad posted on K-01 any fans? at 21/07/2015 - 16:27

grahamcoad
Comment Image


The Pentax K-01 was designed by an Australian designer with a trendy reputation called Marc Newson who has designed special edition Leicas and worked for Apple etc. Each camera is 'signed' on the base.

Although it had a designer exterior, the inside was up to the minute Pentax with the same highly regarded 16 Mp APSC sized sensor as the Pentax K-5. It came in various colours,

They originally came with a special version of the Pentax 40mm f2.8 lens which I have, but I sourced this 35mm f2.4 in white from Japan for the wider field of view (giving the same angle as a 50-55 lens on 35mm film) AND to see what it looked like!

The K-01 was never a commercial success in the west, so can be found used and even new at bargain prices.

Quirky and fun to use, outstanding results!

Comment by grahamcoad posted on K-01 any fans? at 21/07/2015 - 10:08

grahamcoad
Thanks, I have a working Weston Master V that I use with my older film cameras, it's just that it's useful info for possible buyers.
Sadly they do not fetch much money.

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Sangamo Weston Master V light meter at 05/07/2015 - 08:45

grahamcoad
" Bump" is just to post anything so that the post rises to the top of the list, "Bump it up".

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Wanted: 31mm Ltd at 05/07/2015 - 08:06

grahamcoad
They are wonderful tools, (the last version "Euromaster" was sold for £200 each) and the story about your Dad is great but does the meter work, and is it accurate?

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Sangamo Weston Master V light meter at 05/07/2015 - 08:04

grahamcoad
Bump...still interested....

Comment by grahamcoad posted on WTB WHITE Pentax DA 35mm f2.4 at 16/01/2015 - 14:26

grahamcoad
I actually leave my FluCard Pro in the K-3 full time, so it's there when I need it. (I would probably lose it else!)

No images or videos are saved to it by me, I just use it for remote viewing and control, all images go to a fast large capacity SD card, which then goes into my computer for fast transfer.

I HAD hoped for a FluCard update to add more functionality, but its fine for what I want.

It's ideal for the way I work things.

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Nice little review on the FLU Card at 05/12/2014 - 12:52

grahamcoad
Unless things have changed, (and I don't think they have) the FluCard Pro for Pentax does not work with Windows phone as Windows does not permit Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers to operate on Windows phone systems, and FluCard Pro needs those browsers to work.

I am a fan and user of Windows phone, but I had to buy an Android tablet to use my FluCard Pro.

Works fine with Tesco's HUDL2 tablet.. not exactly a "classy brand" but a well reviewed tablet.

Comment by grahamcoad posted on Nice little review on the FLU Card at 05/12/2014 - 11:55

grahamcoad
Phew, thank goodness for that!

I was reviewing a few shots with the 40 on the K-01 with its great 16mp sensor yesterday, and they are flawless.

Underrated cameras and underrated lenses!

Graham.

Comment by grahamcoad posted on 40mm DA XS lens at 18/05/2014 - 11:14

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo