All Forum Comments
Comment by GaryJohn posted on Pentax K-M 10mpx CCD + 18-55mm 365 SHUTTER COUNT at 26/01/2014 - 09:15
I used to live in the east-end of London and now I have moved up here back to where my wife wants to be, she is Huddersfield born and bred. I have to say that the folk in these parts are super-friendly, nice people all round really.
Comment by GaryJohn posted on Emley Moor Tower, W. Yorkshire '13 at 26/12/2013 - 23:39
Comment by GaryJohn posted on Emley Moor Tower, W. Yorkshire '13 at 26/12/2013 - 20:51
Thanks, Gary. It's interesting to hear from you like this.
Whereabouts do you live? I am living at Great Oak Farm in Little Lepton...
Comment by GaryJohn posted on Emley Moor Tower, W. Yorkshire '13 at 26/12/2013 - 19:46
Comment by GaryJohn posted on Emley Moor Tower, W. Yorkshire '13 at 26/12/2013 - 18:26
I recommend you consider purchasing this link'Techniques of photography - a Time Life book'
Considering the aspects of photography that you want to learn about I have never seen a better reference book than this. I've had a copy for 30 years. It very clearly explains with illustrations and example photographs all of the basics - focal length, aperture, depth of field and how it varies, hyperfocal distance and loads more. Even has a section on the darkroom. My kids [all Pentaxians] learned from this book and are consequently perfectly at home using manual lenses on their DSLR's. And at this price on eBay it wont break the bank.
Regards Gary
Comment by GaryJohn posted on I know nothing about photography but I've bought an LX. Help! at 21/11/2013 - 21:42
To hopefully support this view (depending on what you think of my images ) the 5 most recent uploads to my Flickr page were taken with this lens. It should at least give some insight into the versitality of the lens. Link on my profile.
Regards Gary
Comment by GaryJohn posted on The 35mm Connundrum at 20/11/2013 - 19:01
After a quick sale now. Final reduction of £200 posted for both Tamron 17-50 and Sigma 105mm macro. That's quite a bargain folks!
Comment by GaryJohn posted on For sale: Pentax K5, various lenses and extras at 19/11/2013 - 15:01
Comment by GaryJohn posted on FS: Sigma Mini-Wide II 28mm F2.8 at 13/09/2013 - 18:04
Gary
Comment by GaryJohn posted on FS: Sigma Mini-Wide II 28mm F2.8 at 09/09/2013 - 18:27


£90 including P&P(without lens) £110 including P&P with lens