Still playing with Shutter priority and focus.

ElRazur

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 23:19
I was up and about today trying and here are the result. C&C welcome.

(I am really enjoying my Kx. It is way better than my fujifilm s9600 lol)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What are the things I can do better please? Thanks.

DrOrloff

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 23:51
The first one's great, I'd straighten up a bit, but I really like it.

The second one is fine, but I wonder if there is more potential in the structure above the tube sign - do you have any different views?

The third one - straighten too and personally I'd like the bus larger in the scene.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Helpful

davex

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 23:55
Think you are demonstrating a good eye for long exposures, getting the trails and contrasting with still elements. All you need to do now is concentrate on the elements, no dark or washed out skies for instance.
Good efforts.
davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Helpful

ElRazur

Link Posted 23/08/2010 - 15:38
DrOrloff wrote:
The first one's great, I'd straighten up a bit, but I really like it.

The second one is fine, but I wonder if there is more potential in the structure above the tube sign - do you have any different views?

The third one - straighten too and personally I'd like the bus larger in the scene.

I can swear to god that the image was straight on the viewfinder before it was taken. I have straighten it a bit, but it still looks off some how. I am guess this the "len distortion" coming into play?

The second image have an aeroplane-wing like structure, but I wasnt able to capture it all. My position is inside an arched walkway, If I move further back, I will capture some of the roof of the arched tunnel in the view finder.

Thanks though, I have taken your points on board.

ElRazur

Link Posted 23/08/2010 - 15:39
davex wrote:
Think you are demonstrating a good eye for long exposures, getting the trails and contrasting with still elements. All you need to do now is concentrate on the elements, no dark or washed out skies for instance.
Good efforts.
davex.

How do I sort out the sky please? I am finding it hard to get a balanced shot that requires very little or not PP. Thanks.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.