elfer

Joined: 27th January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

elfer
cabstar wrote:

I think the small price difference between the k-5 and the mkii I wouldn't risk the thought of what if??? So go for mkii...
With the outgoing K-5 at £680 and the II launching at £800, I'd also go for the latter. Even leaving the promised low light AF improvement aside, I would expect to retain a large part of that extra £120 in resale value.

If the comparison is between secondhand K-5 at, say, £450 and a new II at £800 however, I'd have to seriously consider the older version.

For me then, the real choice is between a secondhand K-5 at £450 at a IIs at £950. But £500 does seem rather a large premium to pay to lose the AA filter (and get a two-year warranty, I know, I know, but I'm trying to convice myself to spend less!)

Comment by elfer posted on K5 or K5II? at 28/10/2012 - 22:19

elfer
After the 31 & 77, I'd choose the 15 before the 43. But I do like having a wide angle for landscapes. Then maybe the 100 Macro.

Actually if you substitute DA35 plastic for FA31 limited that's the path I'm already on.

Comment by elfer posted on K5 IIs Dream Glass Garage at 27/10/2012 - 13:06

elfer
SnoozeMoose wrote:

Video is probably the greatest difference between the K5 and the K5 II.

...

'K5 -> K5 II' - mainly tech upgrade, and the video mode.
Source? I didn't think there was ANY change to the video mode between the K-5 and the K-5ii.

The only documented changes are to the Autofocus system and the rear screen. Certainly that's what Pentax's press releases & websites have stated and all the previews reported.

Comment by elfer posted on K5 or K5II? at 27/10/2012 - 09:30

elfer
If a site accepts Western Union, bank transfer, Moneygram, PayPal Gift, untraceable bearer bonds or wads of cash stuffed into a jiffy bag but not credit cards then yes, it's almost certainly a scam.

I don't know about Spanish law, but in the UK the credit card company is liable if the goods don't arrive. For that reason they're a bit picky on who they allow to take their cards. I'd never buy online with anything other than a credit card, unless I knew the company very, very well. And even then not if I could possibly help it.

Comment by elfer posted on Ausuke = scammer? at 23/10/2012 - 09:45

elfer
Thanks, John.

Nice also to have this pdf copy to put on the laptop/ipad for travelling. Won't add any weight and you never know when it might come in useful.

Comment by elfer posted on While you're waiting for the K-5 II, here's a little light reading - the manual. at 22/10/2012 - 10:38

elfer
PM sent re Vivitar 55mm

Comment by elfer posted on Change of brands sale - top stuff on offer here. at 17/10/2012 - 21:47

elfer
You could always google.jp to get an idea of the street price in Japan.

I just looked at a single online store, amazon.jp - because it's easily comparable to amazon.co.uk.

They sell the DA70 for JPY37,800. The current ex rate is 127, so that's £300 near enough. Or about £100 cheaper than here

If you search for a while you may should find prices at some bricks-and-mortar stores.

You won't have to pay duty when bringing it back into the UK, as long as you don't buy much else. The tax and duty free allowance limit for scheduled airline passengers arriving from outside the EU is currently £390. see HMCE site.

It could be a hassle to return if it needed warranty attention after you get home though. But you pays yer money....

Comment by elfer posted on Going to japan - buy a 70mm 2.4 now or when i get there? at 16/10/2012 - 15:09

elfer
It's the 465i that's £45

Comment by elfer posted on FS: Kata DR 467i Digital Rucksack/Backpack at 11/10/2012 - 09:43

elfer
Just to say I picked the 77mm this morning from Lloyd.

It is, as described, in beautiful condition.

I'm very happy with my purchase. Many thanks, Lloyd.

Laurence

Comment by elfer posted on FA77 Ltd at 29/09/2012 - 15:00

elfer
Do you have any pictures?

Where are you based? Would cash on collection be a option?

Comment by elfer posted on Gear for Sale at 15/09/2012 - 08:09

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo