edumad

Joined: 8th May 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

edumad
It seems to work a treat, but its limited in application. It all depends on price.

Comment by edumad posted on Seems like a good idea? at 14/02/2015 - 00:13

edumad
This post will only interest those really into manual lenses.

Comment Image
IMGP5063 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

I've been away from the hobby for a while, and as a consequence these have been abandoned.
Comment Image
IMGP5064 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

When I was really afflicted with the lens buying syndrome, symptoms were reduced by exploring old manual lenses. It got really bad though, as I was dismantling them to clean or solve mechanical problems. Well trying to anyway.

They all have varying degree of fungus infestation, none very bad, some wisps mostly on the edges. I hope someone is willing to give them a second chance. Its not a job for me any more.

Tamron 70-210mm adaptall-2, great lens, integrated hood, smooth operation, mechanically perfect, tiny scratch in front lens element.
SMC-A 50mm F1.7, this was a recovery job, those with a keen eye will not that the rubber grip for the focus ring is not the original. the aperture ring wasn't working properly, but now does although could do with proper lubrication. Otherwise mechanical perfect, focus is ridiculous smooth. I don't need to tell anyone how good this lens is, this is definitely worth the recovery.
Steinheil 135mm F4.5 M42, this not a rare find, but uncommon. Good lens but not brilliant (check my CZJ for a great 135mm M42). It is complete with original case, cap and filter.
Industar-61 50mm F2.8, solid results, this shows its age, but still works great, although the focus ring is not perfectly smooth.

Tamron adaptall 28mm F2.8, this was never a brilliant lens, so when I wanted to test cleaning a lens I went for this one. It did not go well. I must have reversed one of the many lens elements, as it recovered from surgery focusing well in the centre and less so out of it. I never bothered trying to correct it since it was a funny effect and it wasn't worth the hassle. Free

I've also have this free to go, although I doubt anyone will touch it.
Pentax 70-200mm
Comment Image
IMGP5084 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Comment Image
IMGP5056 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
The horror!

The Tamron 28mm and the 70-200mm are free to whomever wants to clean them or scavenge for parts.
As I mention in my other post marked [Trade] I was hoping to trade stuff for a Pentax 200mm F4 and Tamron 300mmm F5.6.

Comment by edumad posted on [Trade] Some lenses M42 and K mount. fungus. at 11/02/2015 - 22:47

edumad
Hi.

I started photographing more frequently, after a long while away from the hobby apart from the occasional snap.
I've rediscovered some of the gear I have laying around, some of which I didn't even know I had...

Carl Zeiss Jenna 135mm F3.5 M42
Comment Image
IMGP5065 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Comment Image
IMGP5081 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Comment Image
IMGP5082 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

The lens has no problems inside aside from minor dust. It is scratched in 3 spots, which hopefully are well pictured. This does not affect image quality as far as I've seen.
I've disengaged the automatic aperture pin, but you can reconnect this to work on M42 mount film cameras.
I'd put this lens on par with the SMC-M 135 F3.5 as the sharpest 135mm lens I've had.

Anyway this is of no use to me, but might be for you.

Caps and hoods:
Comment Image
IMGP5049 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Left to right
82mm, 68mm (push cap), 72mm, 62mm, 60mm (push cap)
2 62mm collapsable rubber hoods, 54mm metal hood

Filters:
Comment Image
IMGP5051 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Hoya PL 58mm
Hoya PL-CIR 52mm
Hoya Skylight 1B 55mm
Vivitar Skylight 1A 58mm
B+W Skylight 55E 010 1x 55mm
2 filter cases

Other bits:
Comment Image
IMGP5054 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Optical Flash trigger
MZ-50 back
Dioptrics adjuster +2

I'm looking for Pentax 200mm F4 and Tamron 300mm F5.6, so if anyone has one of those to spare I hope there is potential for trade.
Please take a look at my other post with lenses.

Comment by edumad posted on [Trade] 135mm lens (M42) and other Bits and bobs at 11/02/2015 - 21:32

edumad
We have to remember not all togs spend time on forums looking through news and updates on gear. So when you're happy with what you've got, its natural you don't know what is what in the business.

Comment by edumad posted on "I didn't know they were still going" at 15/10/2012 - 09:25

edumad
Excellent price for this lens. I've tried it and its very good.

Comment by edumad posted on FS: Cosina 100mm f3.5 Macro AF at 10/10/2012 - 11:42

edumad

Comment by edumad posted on Film look watermill at 05/06/2012 - 13:54

edumad
I suppose from a distance it would be actually easier, because relative speeds are smaller, so its easier for AF to track.
The advantage of shorter distances is that DOF appears greater and so compensates for some miss-focus.

Unless you talk about P&S with limited shutter, that whole issue is bogus.
Even a togger of limited skill like myself can pull out some decent sports shots... How good are there cameras

Comment by edumad posted on Kite Surfers at 24/05/2012 - 23:52

edumad
I especially like the second shot, greta pose and colours, great detail on the feathers.

Comment by edumad posted on finch at 24/05/2012 - 11:43

edumad
Comment Image

IMGP8763 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

Comment Image

IMGP8863 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

Comment by edumad posted on Kite Surfers at 24/05/2012 - 11:24

edumad
No top LCD I don't like, the rest of the camera seems good. Maybe they've got a new battery to hold charge longer with the extra resources required.*
I'd probably go for a used K-5 instead.

Comment by edumad posted on Pentax K 30 at 17/05/2012 - 08:29

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo