Seems like a good idea?
Posted 14/02/2015 - 00:13
Link
It seems to work a treat, but its limited in application. It all depends on price.
Posted 14/02/2015 - 09:23
Link
A price of $100 is mentioned in one of the reviews, which does not seem too bad. It says it's intended for mirrorless cameras and small DSLRs, so it will not be suitable for heavy gear. Looks a useful bit of kit though.
Regards, Philip
Posted 14/02/2015 - 10:14
Link
smudge wrote:
... intended for mirrorless cameras and small DSLRs, so it will not be suitable for heavy gear
But demoed with a 5D, so I wonder what they consider small? The 5D weighs around 950 gms vs. the K-3's 720 or so.
... intended for mirrorless cameras and small DSLRs, so it will not be suitable for heavy gear
Posted 14/02/2015 - 10:20
Link
it's rated at only 2.5kg.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 14/02/2015 - 10:34
Link
€123.88 from their European web site - including delivery and tax to the UK
So around £92 delivered
link
A K5 + DA* 300 comes in around 1,8KG - so can't see why it would not be suitable in most circumstance
Carl
So around £92 delivered
link
A K5 + DA* 300 comes in around 1,8KG - so can't see why it would not be suitable in most circumstance
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 14/02/2015 - 11:36
Link
Maybe better than a gorilla pod?
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 14/02/2015 - 14:05
Link
Interesting idea, but the weight limit is low, and I think I would want a lock or stop on the plate.
If you could use it with an existing plate already on camera, such as an Arca Swiss then I would potentially be of more interested, but having to take the plate which is always on the camera off to fit is would be a pain and put me off using it.
Can't be bothered to make an account just to find out the price to me here, but I assume it would be similar to the UK price, since it is €89.99 before tax and postage. It would be around €107 with tax, and then postage on that.
If you could use it with an existing plate already on camera, such as an Arca Swiss then I would potentially be of more interested, but having to take the plate which is always on the camera off to fit is would be a pain and put me off using it.
Can't be bothered to make an account just to find out the price to me here, but I assume it would be similar to the UK price, since it is €89.99 before tax and postage. It would be around €107 with tax, and then postage on that.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2470 posts
17 years
South London