Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Advice Required for 300mm Prime

Posted 16/04/2010 - 07:53 Link
A up lads/lasses

I'm off to the MotoGP in June at Silverstone, I've got Granstand tickets so I'm after a 300mm prime mainly for grid and pit shots. Any suggestions with a limited budget? I'm quite fond of manual so I'm not adverse to the older primes and no I'm not in the market for a DA *300mm.
I've seen the Tair 300mm for about £90 and realistically this is around my budget.

Cheers
A poor life this, if full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
edumad
Posted 16/04/2010 - 10:53 Link
Try to press Chris at SRS to see if he can get a rental on a DA*300mm by then.
hefty1
Posted 16/04/2010 - 10:57 Link
*ahem* shameless plug *ahem*
Joining the Q
MrCynical
Posted 16/04/2010 - 14:37 Link
hefty1 wrote:
*ahem* shameless plug *ahem*

Oh yeah, I can just see him getting into a major public sporting event with a rifle stock
ajbets
Posted 16/04/2010 - 16:34 Link
Hi Neil,

I'll also be taking my kit to the MotoGP in June.

I will be taking my 50-135 and my 55-300, I also fancy having a go with the 1.7x adapter, but have no idea what the results would be like for this kind of shooting, I can but try!

Good idea to talk to SRS though, I had thought about mentioning it at their open day, but never got round to it - too busy fending off the desire to buy more lenses!

Good luck!
_________

Plenty of stuff - not enough time....
Eastridge
Posted 17/04/2010 - 11:30 Link
We have a manual Tamron SP300 f5.6 that I picked up with adapter a few years ago at LCE for less than £100 - I think less than £50. (KIV not the much pricer / bigger better 2.8.)

Apart from some PF in extreme circumstances (black suits against white water in bright sunlight when photographing surfers) we think it does a good job and certinly good value for money if you can find one.

Details: http://www.adaptall-2.com/index.html
Posted 17/04/2010 - 15:37 Link
Eastridge wrote:
We have a manual Tamron SP300 f5.6 that I picked up with adapter a few years ago at LCE for less than £100 - I think less than £50. (KIV not the much pricer / bigger better 2.8.)

Apart from some PF in extreme circumstances (black suits against white water in bright sunlight when photographing surfers) we think it does a good job and certinly good value for money if you can find one.

Details: http://www.adaptall-2.com/index.html

I'd come across this one recently while surfing the tinternet for a few ideas and by all accounts it has received very positive reviews, but they don't seem to crop up very often, defintely one to consider though, thanks for the input.
A poor life this, if full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.