All Forum Comments
Comment by duroo72 posted on HDR - Photomatix at 30/07/2008 - 01:42
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 01:31
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 01:15
As for your opinion i cant judge whether its worthless or not because i havent seen your photos yet - please direct me to some and ill be in a better position then to comment on the validity of your views.
Then ill debate whether my tiger is oversharpened or not.
So?!>!>!
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 00:58
it's true a properly sharpened file for printing, does look a little overdone onscreen.
I think the point in posting the image was to demonstraight that your method works for you. Am I right?
yes you are right , she wasnt stationary - moving but not that quickly and with my 300mm lens on full stretch and shooting through a perspex glass while focusing manually challenged me but its a learning curve and it helped - trust me there were plenty of shots that got deleted!!!
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 00:40
[quote:3496ace15f="duroo72"]I use manual focus often but really depends on the situation , dont think its being lazy its just what creates the desired result in the circumstances.....
The apparent sharpness in this image is down to a particular editing style, whose merits are down to whether you like that kind of look or not. I happen not to, because it looks unnatural to me. As John says, a bit oversharpened - but that's just my subjective view.
But I'm sure that a tutorial writer on a well known digital imaging magazine knows far more than me, so why should you care what I think?
I feel complimented that you should feel the need to rebuke me for my opinion - thank you.
Just my opinion - which you're free to agree or disagree with - there's no reason to react so violently to it.
The composition is very pleasing, apart from the slightly distracting top left hand corner.
If, all of a sudden, it's a requirement to post award-winning photographs before one may express an opinion on someone else's, then I'm the first to admit that I fall way short of whatever challenge you're referring to.
I've posted lots of photos. One or two of them aren't too bad, although most mark me out as the barely-beyond-beginner that I am.
Sorry if that precludes me from having an opinion.[/quote]lol "react so violently" - the response was desereved.
Have a look at JohnRileys response - its a polite way of getting his point of view across.
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 00:34
It must be getting late!
The tiger looks fine on my monitor, possibly a little over-sharpened for my taste but we don't know if that is just the resizing for the web that has caused that. The water is quite an odd colour - is that how it was?
Nice tight crop.
Thankyou for your polite comments and questions on my image , this is a pseudo Hdr shot from one shot , yes perhaps its a little sharp i think it was the hdr process but im happy with it , the water was this colour mainly because she had amused her viewers by taking a p in it acting dignified and regal during her ablutions - ignorance is bliss eh!!!
What made it a little tricky to capture was the fact she was approx 50 yards away and i was having to shoot her through a perspex viewing window in bright sunlight - im happy with the end result , ive only had my dslr 3 months and im still getting to grips with it as well as pspp and hdr techniques.
Id still like Chrisa's work so we can review it............
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 00:28
I use manual focus often but really depends on the situation , dont think its being lazy its just what creates the desired result in the circumstances.....
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 30/07/2008 - 00:05

Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 29/07/2008 - 23:12
[IMG]http://www.redbubble.com/people/duroo/art/1328015-1-tiger#[/IMG]
Comment by duroo72 posted on Auto focus making people lazy? at 29/07/2008 - 22:23


We've just purchased Photomatix so here's the first attempt. All comments and advice will be most welcome!
The original:
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/johnriley1uk/036-Gawsworth-Original.jpg[/IMG]
The HDR version:
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/johnriley1uk/035-Gawsworth-HDR.jpg[/IMG]
pics look good , i tried photomatix for my first hdr program but soon had a look around for other programs and found this one CLICK I think its about £30 ish when bought online and includes free updates which is great as new features are added everymonth at the moment , there is a forum and you can contact the author directly if you have any questions or share work with other users. I cant recommend this program enough as its so user friendly and the results are stunning and can be subtle or over the top depending on your mood. Check my link below virtually all my photos are HDR using this software.