PLUS

Daronl

Joined: 7th August 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Daronl
See PM

RobL wrote:
I have just been experimenting with a new 100mm macro lens and found (fairly obviously you might think) that sharpness and depth of field benefit hugely from a wireless flash. This set-up is ok for a studio type set-up but a bit cumbersome for outside. Whilst the Pentax ring flash would be ideal I don't know yet whether I would use it enough to justify; however there are on Amazon some really cheap budget options which could be worth experimenting with - names like Neewer and Polaroid plus some other Chinese imports. Some of these are just an led so not a flash but does anyone have any experience of these and any recommendations?

Comment by Daronl posted on Cheap ring flash for macro at 20/06/2015 - 19:32

Daronl
Could definately help me through a period of frustrating procrastination; I have been
Carrying out a few proving trials over the last two months having spent money on Canon Equipment which frankly didn't do it for me;

1. Done Canon pro lens trials recently
2. Done Nikon with Nikon
3. then Nikon with Tamron,
4. Nikon with Bigma, etc.

By my estimation and examination none of them matched the Pentax 300mmDA* ( with or without the HD1.4x) or 60-250 Da* .

The Canon pro lenses were more than twice the price but did not reflect anything other than arguably comparble IQ.

Nikon D810 trials were arguably not as good as Canon or Pentax

Not brand loyalty from me here; simply, like for like , side by side field trials and results.

I am almost convinced that I should just believe/commit and invest more hard earned dosh in Pentax: nothing from the others in terms of IQ can convince me I shouldn't .

Even a desire for better AF iseems to be based on a SOMEWHAT NEBULOUS CONCLUSION IN THE FIELD - IT REALLY IS , so I am waiting for FF and also a third K3 version with a more appropriate spec' for my needs. ( personally I am not intersted in Astrophotography or GPS.)

Hope your test can add some clarity to this subject.

Comment by Daronl posted on Pentax 150-450 F4.5-5.6 vs Sigma 500 F4.5 vs Pentax 560 F5.6 at 18/06/2015 - 22:24

Daronl
Sounds like a good deal Mike, thanks from me too, I think I will get an order across to Holland ASAP,

Mike-P wrote:
Sorry for the slow reply ... been a bit busy.

Was purchased from Fotolooman Gwyn, total price incl postage, bank charges and currency conversion was approx £1580.

Comment by Daronl posted on New arrival from the Netherlands at 14/06/2015 - 00:37

Daronl
Hi Mike,

If it is not to impertinent a question,how did the total price compare to a Uk dealer including shipping ?

Rgds

Comment by Daronl posted on New arrival from the Netherlands at 12/06/2015 - 18:25

Daronl
Pm sent

Comment by Daronl posted on selling up - sort of... at 11/06/2015 - 10:21

Daronl
18-135, if not available 60-250 or preferably both

Comment by Daronl posted on 1000 feet with one lens at 09/06/2015 - 20:55

Daronl
A bonus in this topic has been the opportunity to see Blythman's stunning pictures which really set the standard

Combine three things and you get a woderful, inspiring result;
1. Good equipment
2. A good and challenging subject subject
3. Most importantly a masterful photographer

Thanks for sharing your photos of the horsefair, they are an example of how good photography can be when the tools are in competent hands.

Regards






3496ace15f="Blythman"]I'm completely happy with my 16-50. Often use the 50-135 on one body and the 16-50 on the other. Did so just on Friday at Appleby Horse Fair. Also took the 12-24. I've got a set of pictures from the day at https://flic.kr/s/aHskds6Lxb The exif data is on each image[/quote]

Comment by Daronl posted on Owners of 50-135 and 16-50 - feedback requested please. at 09/06/2015 - 05:26

Daronl
See messages

Comment by Daronl posted on Owners of 50-135 and 16-50 - feedback requested please. at 08/06/2015 - 11:32

Daronl
PM sent

Comment by Daronl posted on AF360FGZ FLASHGUN at 07/06/2015 - 21:37

Daronl
Sent you an email

Comment by Daronl posted on Pentax K-5 indoor shooting at 05/06/2015 - 11:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo