Coriander

Joined: 18th August 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Coriander
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE WITH A PENTAX. (And to be inclusive.....Merry Christmas to everyone without a Pentax too! -- Just in case you stumbled across this forum by accident, I hope you got one as a Christmas present so you can join this wonderful club!)

Happy snapping in 2010.

Comment by Coriander posted on Merry Merry!!! at 25/12/2009 - 10:06

Coriander
Derek,

This is the sort of shot that appeals to me when I see it 'in the flesh' as it were. I take the shot and then afterwards don't understand why it didn't quite work. I think there is sometimes a fudging of the information that travels between brain and viewfinder.

I think this shot really works better if you crop half the sky and a quarter of the right side of the image. Leave the sheep in the image so that it is in the bottom right.

The composition is much better this way and it then lends itself to further post processing to tweak it here and there.

Hope this helps.

Comment by Coriander posted on Sheeps Head at 17/11/2009 - 15:48

Coriander
Benjikan,

You have very well illustrated what is endemic in human society and that is the tribal nature of testosterone fuelled factions. We are all guilty of it, it is in our nature. If we don't exhibit this tendency online then it may well be over a pint discussing the latest antics of Jeremy Clarkson and crew with their favourite toy. We separate and then defend our territory.

To rise above the mob we must acknowledge this genetic characteristic and channel our energies into the more creative aspects of our lives.

So, I concur. Well said!

Comment by Coriander posted on Photo Forums...The Gladiators at 27/10/2009 - 09:07

Coriander
Bulls Eye!

Comment by Coriander posted on Comments: Weekly Competition # 121- "Windows" at 26/10/2009 - 16:46

Coriander
Hyram,
A great subject! Do you want to see glass in them thar windows? Gaping windows like toothless maws are not what you had in mind?? Sorry to be such a pane!

Comment by Coriander posted on Comments: Weekly Competition # 121- "Windows" at 26/10/2009 - 13:14

Coriander
Slightly off topic but still to do with water resistance and for information purposes.... if you are wearing a watch that shows it to be 50m water resistant then please don't believe it is water resistant down to 50 meters!! It might survive the rain like your K10/K20 but won't survive a swim or a hot shower.

You'll need a watch with a 100m rating for that. The water resistance ratings given to watches are very misleading because they relate to an atmospheric pressure test that does not use water.

Those of you who have one with a 200m rating should be okay wearing it next time you SCUBA dive but make sure you leave your DSLR on the boat!!

All gleaned from personal experience...

PS. Looks like cedricd is soon to become a Pentax Master !!

Comment by Coriander posted on How waterproof is a K10/20D? at 07/10/2009 - 19:53

Coriander
PentaxRocks.....me afford a K7!!? you must be joking!....I'll get the soldering iron out before that happens..!

HardGravity.... did what you suggested and after about 50 test shots the problem doesn't seem to have reappeared. Thanks. A sigh of relief but I'm not holding my breath just yet...

Comment by Coriander posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 20:24

Coriander
John,

Thanks. I'll give it a go with fingers crossed.... if the problem doesn't go away..... then I'll have to buy a K7 (clouds, silver linings...)

Comment by Coriander posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 15:28

Coriander
John,
Thanks for the input, but it happened when I was out and about on the Wansdyke yesterday. No flash being used, single shot mode, Aperture Priority all the usual settings that I had been using for months... so it happened completely unexpectedly. One image returned a solid pink screen and another a green flashing screen. I turned the camera off and then on. Replaced memory card with another. Checked battery. Reset all settings to default and it still occurs.

Comment by Coriander posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 14:19

Coriander
My K10D is playing up. Every now and then after taking a shot it returns a completely blank and black image. It has just started doing it and I wondered if anyone has come across this before? Is it a known fault or have I got a broken camera?

Comment by Coriander posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 13:36

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo