Cayman

Joined: 13th February 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Cayman
This was for a W90 camera.

Mint condition.

Free to anyone that wants it. Just pay the postage.

PM me if interested.

Comment by Cayman posted on Pentax Battery Charger D-BC88 with D-L188 Battery at 06/08/2018 - 11:30

Cayman
Thanks for that - whatever the issue was i don't seem to be able to reproduce it, so i don't think it's a hardware issue. I suspect it may have been the metering circuit going to sleep or the flash pins not being perfectly located in the hot shoe.

And yes - i generally use M mode with flash and use a Metz 45 CL4 which always seems to give me the correct exposure first time

Cheers for the advice!

Comment by Cayman posted on K1 and flash - help please at 31/05/2017 - 17:46

Cayman
OK - so i have a problem using the K1 with my AF360FGZ: the aperture I am selecting in P mode is not the aperture used for taking the picture.

I have been in P mode with P-TTL but although the viewfinder displays an aperture of say f8 or f11 the picture is actually taken at f2.8. The flash is connected to the hot shoe and is in the bounced position.

I get this problem with the DFA 24-70/2.8 and with the Tamron 28-75/2.8. If i set the camera to M mode then all is fine - I get the aperture i have selected.

Any ideas? I am sure i am doing something silly but I don't recall having this issue with other Pentax DSLRs.

Comment by Cayman posted on K1 and flash - help please at 30/05/2017 - 20:53

Cayman
i don't but was looking for one too, and in my searches i came across the lowepro messenger pro 200 (and the 160 and 180) which have a very similar design but from what i could see offer better protection for the camera (more padding, same silent opening). I think they are out of production but i managed to get one from SRS via eBay.

http://gadgetmac.com/reviews/lowepro-pro-messenger-aw-camera-bag-review.html

Worth a look if you're considering a retrospective bag.....

Comment by Cayman posted on Wanted - Think Tank Retrospective 10 or 20 bag at 07/03/2017 - 18:05

Cayman
High - getting hold of some special lenses in mint condition which are no longer in production and which i have been looking for for years (A50/1.2 LennyBloke and K28 shift)

Low - my x100s was in my rucksack with a water bladder which leaked. X100 died (but luckily came back to life on drying out)

Comment by Cayman posted on highs and lows at 18/12/2016 - 15:47

Cayman
how much for the z?

Comment by Cayman posted on Pentax 645Z and 645N plus lenses for sale. at 24/11/2016 - 17:39

Cayman
As has been said dirty sensors are a fact of digital life.

I change lenses outdoors all the time and tend to carry a rocket blower with me. Very occasionally I get sensor spots but cleaning a sensor is actually very easy and I have never damaged one. See YouTube for guidance.

Comment by Cayman posted on Changing lenses at 15/11/2016 - 18:03

Cayman
I spent a long time looking on eBay and ordered the bits (identical looking to those above) and made one myself but it is not a good fit on my mz-s. Too tight. Did any one else try with better luck?

I have reached out to K10d (Gary) who has very kindly agreed to help me out 😀

Comment by Cayman posted on LX gold dust at 23/10/2016 - 18:56

Cayman
I'm not in the habit of formally testing my lenses' resolution but I have rejected lenses in the past if they are not sharp. You might want to look on the US site for user reviews. I think you will find them very positive for both lenses. In terms of ergonomics the Pentax is slightly better as it has quick shift which the tamron does not, but as I said before the Pentax is very heavy and bulky. The zoom rings are very comparable.

Perhaps you do need 24mm for the insides of churches?

Comment by Cayman posted on Tamron 28-75mm vs Pentax DFA 24-70mm at 14/10/2016 - 19:24

Cayman
i have both and have used them on the K1. Personally i prefer the Tamron because it is smaller and lighter (by quite some margin) and i get AF on my film bodies. The advantages of the Pentax are the 24mm (if you really need it but in real life the difference to me between 24 and 28 is not that much) and the WR (if you are out in the rain) but it is a seriously bulky and heavy piece of glass. I have no concerns about the image quality of either lens.

Comment by Cayman posted on Tamron 28-75mm vs Pentax DFA 24-70mm at 11/10/2016 - 18:22

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo