cabstar

Joined: 2nd May 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

cabstar
Any pics of the damage to the FA50mm 1.7

Comment by cabstar posted on Tamron 18-250 +others bits at 18/08/2008 - 21:34

cabstar
I used 4 gig class 6 SDHC cards, however I only get approx 170ish RAW images on that. Whilst shooting Billy Idol a couple of weeks ago I dropepd my card in the pit, heart in mouth moment, I found it under another togs foot!!!

So I have now invested in an 8 gig card, I use class 6 cards because of the write speed, when shooting gigs every 2nd counts between that moment of glory & moment of oh bugger it

Comment by cabstar posted on GX-20 at 10/08/2008 - 16:53

cabstar
Does anyone know if the kit lens 18-55mm which comes with the Samsung GX20 is the same as the MK2 version which ships with the K20????

regards

Gary

Comment by cabstar posted on Samsung GX20 kit lens, is it the MK2 version??? at 23/07/2008 - 16:05

cabstar
Interesting thread.

Although the FF pro market is very small there is one very small point everyone seems to have missed.

Most amateur photgraphers want to emulate the professionals, not neccesarily pentaxians.

The majority of professionals use N & C brands, these are constantly seen on television & magazines when celebs are being papped etc... This is worth more in free advertising & creating brand awareness than the profit from a FF camera could ever possibly be worth. If Pentax & Samsung start to appeal to the pros then the wannabees will surely follow, like the sheeple tend to do.

Comment by cabstar posted on Full frame DSLR ? at 20/07/2008 - 01:26

cabstar
Check you can fit in the tent first

Comment Image

Comment by cabstar posted on Weekly competition#54: "Sleep" at 16/07/2008 - 22:39

cabstar
Hey that looks er different. Mine is a KA lens, so slightly different to that lens.

Comment by cabstar posted on SMC A 35mm f/2.8 at 13/07/2008 - 22:34

cabstar
have come across one of these lenses, reviews seem pretty scarce leading me to believe this is a rare lens.

The pics I have taken so far are really sharp.

Anyone else have one & how rare is it????

Comment by cabstar posted on SMC A 35mm f/2.8 at 13/07/2008 - 20:57

cabstar
I have used Blurb before, whilst good value & speedy service the quality control was very poor, lots of smudges & print errors repeaterd through the book.

Gary

Comment by cabstar posted on Making a Wedding album (photo book) who to use? at 12/07/2008 - 12:03

cabstar
I read that review of the Canon lens, I thought the Sigma may have been released as SRS have only been taking deposits previously.

I feel the Pentax maybe to short, I tried my 135mm 2.8 at Glastonbury & felt it was short.

Its a tough call, I only have 2 local camera shops near me & neither stock Pentax fit lenses so I have to rely on internet reviews or recommendations sigh...

Comment by cabstar posted on 70-200mm Tamron or Sigma at 07/07/2008 - 23:07

cabstar
Well quiete a dilemna now, after months without being able to buy a 70-200mm both Tamron & Sigma versions are now available

Tamron http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/mod/Products/Tamron_70-200_mm_F2.8_Di_LD_(IF)_MACRO?gclid=CIK51q6mrJQCFQ6T1QodQx3Ftw

Sigma http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/705/groupID/7/categoryID/71/v/78897173-98ec-4c7a-83ee-2d202e6e5347

So which would you go for??? Or should I go Pentax 50-135mm decisions decisions....

I have the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 & really like it so I am leaning to the tamron but the only review I have read says the autofocus is slow & hunts in low light, I shoot music gigs & festivals so this is essential, I have yet to read a Sigma review, but judging by the previous version this is the one to have.

Comment by cabstar posted on 70-200mm Tamron or Sigma at 07/07/2008 - 22:26

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo