Blincodave

Joined: 25th April 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Blincodave
Thanks Pentaxophile for the 2006 link. FastStone looks a good alternative to RawShooterEssentials. Anybody using this?

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on K20d without the Pentax software? at 08/06/2009 - 19:33

Blincodave
Hi,

I've just downloaded RawShooterEssentials but it does not appear to support the K10D. Is that correct?

Dave

Quote:
Whether you use Pentax's raw converter or a free program like RawShooterEssentials, you will sjavascript:;till need PSE7 to make the most of your photos.

Comment by Blincodave posted on K20d without the Pentax software? at 08/06/2009 - 17:13

Blincodave
Download 'PhotoMe'. It is free. Import the last picture you have taken into this software when the dialogue box opens. You will then see the number of activations on the right hand side although you will have to scroll down the list a fair bit!

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on For Sale - K100D at 07/06/2009 - 21:11

Blincodave
So how will this work out? Leaving aside direct feature comparisons, is the K7 seen by Pentax as, for example, a Nikon D90 or D300 competitor within the market place? Will it completely replace the K20D in the short or medium term?

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on Will the K7 replace the K20 in the product range? at 20/05/2009 - 17:53

Blincodave
Perhaps this is an indication of where Samsung are going:

http://www.parkcameras.com/11231/Samsung-NX-Series.html

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on Samsung GX-20 Body £400 New from a Reputable Dealer at 15/05/2009 - 20:01

Blincodave
Thanks for the replies folks. I decided to go for a Hoya UV Pro but I found your observations and those on the 'UV' thread in the Lens section very interesting. What a great, informative forum.

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on Skylight or UV? at 15/05/2009 - 19:30

Blincodave
Newbie question! I've just taken delivery of a rather nice 16-45 Pentax lens. Should I buy a Skylight or a UV filter as a 'stay on' for routine photography and protection of the lens. If so, any suggestions for the best one to buy?

Cheers

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on Skylight or UV? at 14/05/2009 - 18:48

Blincodave
£519 is their current price.

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on IT's BACK at LAST K20D ***FOR SALE*** at 14/05/2009 - 15:27

Blincodave
Superb response from SRS - I wonder how many other retailers would respond like this? Have you placed your K20D on the classified section ttk?

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on IT's BACK at LAST K20D ***FOR SALE*** at 14/05/2009 - 14:28

Blincodave
Perhaps I should have been clearer - I meant the original one year warranty.

Dave

Comment by Blincodave posted on IT's BACK at LAST K20D ***FOR SALE*** at 14/05/2009 - 13:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo