arto

Joined: 21st August 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

arto
I had thought of that

My wife's gonna kill me!

Comment by arto posted on help - lens stuck at 20/11/2007 - 12:23

arto
I think I have put the lens on wrong - but how? In all my years (22 and counting) of owning Pentax lenses, I've never managed that ...

Comment by arto posted on help - lens stuck at 20/11/2007 - 11:49

arto
SMC-M 1.7

Comment by arto posted on help - lens stuck at 19/11/2007 - 19:20

arto
Hi

I would really appreciate some help - my 50 mm lens has become stuck on my Pentax 100 mm auto extension tube. It started when the aperture ring felt stiff and odd as soon as I'd put the lens on. Now it won't disengage. The aperture ring won't turn freely either. Any ideas please? Thanks!

Peter

Comment by arto posted on help - lens stuck at 19/11/2007 - 19:15

arto
It's not money I need, it's goodwill from my wife ...

I am leaning towards keeping the 75-150 because it is, in comparison to the 80-200, such a sublimely compact lens. It also has a closer minimum focusing distance and a shorter focus travel (the 80-200 is a real wrist-breaker). I do have the M 200/4 if I need the extra distance, but it means being prepared ... and I am never prepared.

What a pity M zooms are so underrated. I have never felt a smoother action on any zoom than on the 75-150.

By the way, I shoot film (LX/ME Super) so the focal lengths are still quite useful. As has been mentioned, the 75-150 is a great portrait lens, as well as a good street/candid lens.

Comment by arto posted on Losing a zoom - 75-150 or 80-200? at 03/11/2007 - 11:16

arto
Hi

I need to lose a lens or two and am tossing up between selling my M series 80-200 (version 1) and my 75-150. I was wondering what you all think is the best to keep. For me, the 75-150 has the advantage of small size and weight, and half a stop of speed. The 80-200 has greater reach, but at the cost of extra weight and length. Both zooms are pretty well respected, but what is the consensus - is one definitively better than the other?

Cheers

Peter

Comment by arto posted on Losing a zoom - 75-150 or 80-200? at 02/11/2007 - 13:31

arto
I don't quite understand - though I wish I did ...

Comment by arto posted on Pentax A 35-70 zoom - dud? at 24/10/2007 - 16:14

arto
Thanks. It sounds like a dud lens, period (some samples excepted). And yes, the macro is really quite useable. It'll be a shame to see it go, but it feels so flimsy it's as though it's going to come apart in my hands.

Comment by arto posted on Pentax A 35-70 zoom - dud? at 24/10/2007 - 14:08

arto
Hi

I recently picked up one of these lenses (Pentax SMC A 35-70 1:3.5-4.5) on eBay and the barrel and focusing ring both feel loose and rather wobbly. Is this typical for this lens or have I picked up a dud?

Thanks

Peter

Comment by arto posted on Pentax A 35-70 zoom - dud? at 24/10/2007 - 13:31

arto
That is a great link. Very reassuring and unhysterical.

Comment by arto posted on Fungus rampant - camera bag culprit? at 04/10/2007 - 17:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo