Hi All,
Thanks for your posts that helped me buy into Pentax after a long time considering many cameras, both full frame & cropped. This is my first post.
Last week I was in Camera World in Wells Street, London. A very good shop (with another branch in Chelmsford), they are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. One of the guys asked how I was getting on with my new K7, which I had bought elsewhere at the same price they were selling at - £900 after the £100 rebate. I said “Great” and went on about it briefly.
I noticed they hadn’t any K7s or anything else by Pentax on display and asked how sales of the K7 were going and he said, “We were losing £40 on every body we sold and... well I mean Pentax... they just don’t care. So that’s it – we’re not stocking them anymore”. I’m sorry to make my first post a bit of a downer, but the way in which he sighed in some sort of dammed resignation when he said that Pentax didn’t care was really quite sickening.
Andy
Thanks for your posts that helped me buy into Pentax after a long time considering many cameras, both full frame & cropped. This is my first post.
Last week I was in Camera World in Wells Street, London. A very good shop (with another branch in Chelmsford), they are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. One of the guys asked how I was getting on with my new K7, which I had bought elsewhere at the same price they were selling at - £900 after the £100 rebate. I said “Great” and went on about it briefly.
I noticed they hadn’t any K7s or anything else by Pentax on display and asked how sales of the K7 were going and he said, “We were losing £40 on every body we sold and... well I mean Pentax... they just don’t care. So that’s it – we’re not stocking them anymore”. I’m sorry to make my first post a bit of a downer, but the way in which he sighed in some sort of dammed resignation when he said that Pentax didn’t care was really quite sickening.
Andy