amber

Joined: 28th April 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

amber
fatspider wrote:
beginner wrote:
Bring the lot!...and a wheel barrow!...then you can put your bait in it!....and mine!
You may not be aware but the end of August is the anniversary of my double heart attack, I do not want to temp providence, especially seeing as the only medical assistance around will most likely be a VET! the thought of anyone massaging my heart back into action by first putting on a long rubber glove is.......say no more
I'll be bringing Mike along, so that's two vets.... is that better or worse?

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 03/08/2011 - 10:58

amber
fatspider wrote:
Does anyone thats coming have the Pentax 1.7 AF converter?

I wouldn't mind trying one on my A*300mm before laying out the cash (if I can find one)
Will also have my 1.7 converter I suspect.

Technoblurb wrote:
Sadly I will not be able to make it, shame I was looking forward to this one, clearly not my year. Have a great time folks.
Sorry, we'll miss you Graham

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 02/08/2011 - 20:28

amber
Mike & I should manage to come along after all, so count us in

Helen

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 27/07/2011 - 22:05

amber
royd63uk wrote:
i think i have the dreaded stains again...took these shots today after each one i did a sensor clean with my arctic butterfly but wont shift the ones on the right so i think they are stains...all opinions welcome...either that or i have the dirtiest sensor i have ever had

I am always careful when changing lenses
Looks exactly the same as mine (K5 no 3!) did - when sent in, SRS told me it wasn't the sensor stain, just a dirty sensor and cleaned it, but it still had faint spots when it came back to me. Again I had been incredibly careful when changing lenses, and had only changed lenses 3 times (and have changed lenses on my K20 and K10 for years without a tenth this much dust ever!). No idea what is happening, but accepted mine back with the slight marks, because I thought somehow it was my fault.... am starting to be doubtful, since it's not just me that's getting an unusually dirty sensor.

Comment by amber posted on K5 Sensor Issues... at 19/05/2011 - 18:58

amber
johnriley wrote:


This dust is coming from somewhere, so I'd be very concerned about that. I can't judge what it might be, but as well as a camera fault I'd certainly have a very keen look at the environment and anything that could be possibly the cause.
Indeed - I have had a pretty good think about where I changed lenses on those three occasions - one was in a hotel room, one at home and one in a car (doors and windows closed) - none of the places was especially dusty and over many years of owning them I have changed lenses on the K20 and K10 in the same car and at home many, many times without any problems, other than the occasional dust spot that could be removed with a few dust removal uses, a blower or at worst, on rare occasions, with a Pentax brand sensor cleaner. The hotel room is the only different place and that was spotless, so I can't believe there was any greater risk there (I wouldn't have risked my precious K5 if I'd been suspicious of any dust!)

I am mystified as to what is happening and only hope the retailer can help when they look at the camera. Otherwise I love the K5 and am absolutely delighted with its performance - it has been everything I hoped for; I think I may have just been exceptionally unlucky!

Comment by amber posted on K5 Sensor Issues... at 09/05/2011 - 12:22

amber
I've had a similar problem with dust, but sadly several times. My first K5 had the sensor stain and was very promptly replaced by the retailer. The second one arrived with a sensor covered in small dust particles that wouldn't come out with dust removal or a blower, so was sent back within a few days, but again replaced extremely promptly (I have no argument with the retailer, who have been nothing but helpful).

Have just sent my third one (owned for less than 1 month!) to be checked as it just seems to be accumulating dust at a ridiculous rate and has a sensor covered in dust particles that can't be removed with dust removal or a blower - the lens was only changed three times on it, all done carefully with clean lenses, an extra pair of hands to ensure minimal time for lens changes and in a normal inside situation (no sand-storm or pollen filled garden to account for all the dust). I have never managed to get that much dust on my K20 or K10 despite probably hundreds of lens changes. I don't understand what is happening with the sensor in the K5, but am starting to despair that I'll get a K5 I can use for more than a month!!!

Comment by amber posted on K5 Sensor Issues... at 09/05/2011 - 10:58

amber
I probably can't make that date, but was a maybe anyway! The good news is that I have probably escaped the discectomy however

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 15/04/2011 - 17:39

amber
fatspider wrote:


Oooo! you having a Discectomy too Amber
Looks like it
fatspider wrote:
wow, think of all that morphine
Yeah, but not so keen on the pain bit until they can get me the op (up to 18 week wait) and after the morphine wears off.....

bforbes wrote:
It seems to be a bad weekend for a few people. Anybody want to suggest another date?
My plans for the next few months are completely on hold for the mo, so can't say when I'll be free Im afraid, but if I find myself free and able to walk I'll be there!

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 11/04/2011 - 11:23

amber
I was planning a joint exhibition with some friends that Saturday, but to be honest I may still be in recovery from op by then (still early on in NHS target wait!), so all bets are off for my plans for most of this summer at the moment! Will stay in touch with the thread though in the hopes i might be ok by then and could make it, if it ended up being on the Sunday

Comment by amber posted on Foxglove Covert Meet September 2011 at 07/04/2011 - 09:22

amber
Looks rather good for a visit when I'm back on my feet properly

Comment by amber posted on Autumn 2011 Meet at 29/03/2011 - 22:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo