PLUS

AlB

Joined: 20th February 2016

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

AlB
Tamron SP AF 70-200 Di LD Macro lens with lens case, box, tripod collar, front and rear caps and hood and UV protection filter in very good condition for sale.
It's an excellent lens and I'm selling it because of the weight, the fact that I rarely use the fast maximum aperture and I've now purchased the Irix 150mm macro so I don't use the close focus facility.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


£450 delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery included.

Payment by PayPal or Cleared Cheque.

UK only

Comment by AlB posted on Tamron SP AF 70-200 Di LD Macro lens for Sale at 02/02/2020 - 11:47

AlB
bforbes wrote:
Just remember the 1.4x is not suitable for FF.
Depends what you mean by "not suitable". I regularly use the 1.4x convertor with the 150-450, Tamron 70-200 f2.8 and the Tamron 90 f2.8 on my K1. It works well with all these lens with only a small amount of vignette in the four corners. This I usually deal with by a minimal amount of cropping.

Comment Image


This was taken on the cliffs at Flamborough Head with K1, 150-450 plus 1.4x convertor. Very little vignette

Comment by AlB posted on Pentax 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 with 1.4x converter at 26/06/2019 - 13:00

AlB
I think, with the help of these posts the problem has been identified.
It appears that Sarah inadvertently must have moved the ISO setting from auto to 256,000. The strange thing is I didn't alter anything when she got home and the camera was working fine.
I should have spotted it straight away, sorry to bother you all, but thanks for your help.

Alan

Comment by AlB posted on Kr Whiteout Problem. at 17/07/2018 - 16:55

AlB
pschlute wrote:
I guess you no longer have any pictures that were taken ?

Did the camera get too hot perhaps?
I have the pictures and don't know, possibly, Peter.
I have loaded one of the images on to the computer and it's just white, no sign of any detail whatsoever. I've vastly overexposed images myself and there is usually some detail present.
I did wonder if it might be a problem with the SD card, but the card seems OK when I connect it to the PC.

Alan

Comment by AlB posted on Kr Whiteout Problem. at 17/07/2018 - 12:05

AlB
John,
She was using Auto Picture mode and as far as I can gather she'd already taken some pictures in the same lighting conditions and they were fine.
I agree about diagnosing at the time but I don't think she wanted to spend her time in California playing about the camera settings, so she just turned it off.

Alan

Comment by AlB posted on Kr Whiteout Problem. at 17/07/2018 - 08:30

AlB
johnriley wrote:
Could the exposure compensation have been set at +3 or more stops, thus totally over-exposing every image?
I don't think so John, she turned the camera off when she was having the problem and the exposure compensation was on zero when I turned it back on earlier this evening.

Alan

Comment by AlB posted on Kr Whiteout Problem. at 16/07/2018 - 23:03

AlB
My daughter had a problem with her Kr whilst on holiday last week and I was hoping someone on here could shed some light on the problem.
She used the camera without any problems for a few days and then without any warning the images started coming out as blank, totally white files (jpeg) about 380kb. She tried several times and the result was always the same.
When she arrived home and asked me to see what the problem was the camera was working normally, every shot I took was saved exactly as it should.
The camera was fitted with the 18-55 kit lens that came with the camera.
Anyone got any ideas what the problem was/is, please?

Comment by AlB posted on Kr Whiteout Problem. at 16/07/2018 - 22:53

AlB
Algernon wrote:
Stop moaning and go and take some photographs

Nothing beats Pentax for that


--
I second that.

Comment by AlB posted on is it doomed at 28/05/2018 - 19:33

AlB
50-135 now sold

Comment by AlB posted on Pentax 50-135 Da* f2.8 and Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for Sale at 06/03/2018 - 10:54

AlB
Bump

Comment by AlB posted on Pentax 50-135 Da* f2.8 and Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for Sale at 21/02/2018 - 13:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo