All Forum Comments
Comment by AlB posted on HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm F2.8 ED SDM WR Lens for sale at 29/11/2022 - 09:17
Includes, both caps, original box and original pouch.
£900 inc. Royal Mail Special Delivery.




Comment by AlB posted on HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm F2.8 ED SDM WR Lens for sale at 26/11/2022 - 12:15
It's freeware and they ask for a donation if you think it's worth it.
Alan
Comment by AlB posted on photo tagging software at 24/11/2022 - 17:01
I've since sold the K30 for more than double the top quote (Ebay fees £1 only) and will probably keep the K3 ii for the grandkids to use.
I've absolutely nothing against SRS, in fact most of my gear has been bought from them either directly or from their Ebay shop, but I'm not willing to pay nearly £200 extra on the off chance that the K3 iii may have to go back to them repair. I've never in nearly 40 years of using Pentax gear had to send any of their gear for repair. Maybe I've been lucky.
Unless the £ does a nosedive in the next couple of weeks I'll be buying Dutch and I have every confidence that it will be just as easy and painless as buying from the UK retailers but if by any chance something does go wrong with it in the first 5 years, it's hardly expensive or difficult to post it to the Netherlands
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 09/04/2021 - 18:07
... and they'll charge you a handling fee to collect the VAT.
The fact remains that you can buy the K3 iii for ~£200 less and 3 years extra warranty with no more hassle in Europe than you get in the UK. You'll probably get it at the same time as well. Someone is making ~£200 additional profit. For what, loyalty, good service?
Can anyone tell me why, assuming the cameras are being imported by Ricoh (Europe), probably all of Europe, including the UK, to one port, possibly Rotterdam, all paid for in euros, we in the UK should be paying £200 more?
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 06/04/2021 - 10:16
...........Plus Photospecialist do not have any stock listed.
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 05/04/2021 - 14:34
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 04/04/2021 - 13:45
I couldn't agree more that we should be supporting UK suppliers, but not to the tune of £200 per camera. To my mind the great customer service given by the UK suppliers is not worth £200 more than the service given by a Dutch supplier.
The other point about supporting UK suppliers is that Ricoh are not British and I suspect it is they who are setting the wholesale price considerably higher to UK dealers than they are to European ones. UK suppliers should be getting together and negotiating with Ricoh to supply the cameras at the same price as they do to the Europeans.
Another point. Assuming that Ricoh EU are paying Ricoh Japan in Euros the sterling price ought to be less than the Euro price as the value of Sterling vs. Euro has been rising for the last 6 months so goods from Europe ought to be getting cheaper.
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 04/04/2021 - 10:32
The carrier only has paperwork to deal with if they have to collect VAT and/or Excise duty. In this case it doesn't apply, as I think you will agree.
As for the warranty, I doubt if sending the camera back to the Netherlands would cost much, if anything, more than sending it to Ricoh's UK approved repairer.
I myself had the same problem regarding card payments with them a few year's ago, but that was before both EU and UK law changed. They can't charge you for using the card for purchasing but there may be a charge by the card issuer for the currency conversion, although it's unlikely to come anywhere near the amount you would save by buying the camera at the Euro price rather than the Sterling price.
I bought my K30 from their original Dutch (English version) website several years ago and whilst it wasn't the easiest transaction I've ever had it was a long way from being the most difficult.
I fail to see how Ricoh and/or the UK retailers can justify charging ~11% more in the UK than they do in Europe. No doubt they'll use Brexit as an excuse.
If enough people buy from Europe then the price in the UK is bound to come down.
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 03/04/2021 - 17:29
As there is no duty payable on importing cameras from the Netherlands, the only issue is the cost of transportation which is hardly likely to be much more than the figure quoted in their t&c's.
All the other conditions quoted are not relevant if they pay the UK VAT (as do Amazon and many of the large international websites) and label the parcel as non-excise duty goods, which a camera is.
They seem to be taking advantage of the fact that the relationship between the EU and UK price is not the same as the relationship between the Euro and the pound.
If you were to convert the French, say, recommended price into pounds at the current Euro/Pound conversion rate the cost in the UK would be ~£1697.
Ricoh or the UK retailers profiteering?
Not worth buying the camera in the Uk is it? Plus a 5 year warranty rather than the 2years offered in the UK
Comment by AlB posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 03/04/2021 - 16:25

