Agentmarke

Joined: 13th December 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Agentmarke
Quote:
This is the problem with hiring a 'designer', there is no real sense of ergonomics and thought of control positioning. The e-dial looks cheap and nasty as do the other dials, buttons and switches.
Here Here.

Ergonomics very important, for me anway.

I will reserve judgement until I have held one but from what I have seen thus far it doesnt look promising... ho hum, I'm waiting for my K20D.

Comment by Agentmarke posted on Pentax K-01 at 02/02/2012 - 21:54

Agentmarke
Like Father Like Son.... I used to mess around with my fathers Nikon F,so of course my first SLR was....you guessed it.. a Zenit E !! well I did progress to a Nikon FM when I started working.

That was the last SLR I purchased, after that was digital compacts..mostly Nikon again...well they did and still do make some fine cameras and lenses.

Last year I started to get a little more serious about photography again, being on a tight budget I went along to LCE to handle a few old used digital slrs....Canon...too much plastic...Nikon not bad...then I picked up an istD and the rest is history...yes I bought a K100D for a bargain price!

My reasons....the Pentax just feels and operates like a good quality piece of equipment....has so many old manual lens options...I could easily become a lensoholic...I suppose also there is a element of not following the masses in owning another Nikon...anyway I still have my
old FM if I ever get the urge to go to the 'dark side' again

So now I am a very happy Pentax owner and looking forward to upgrading to a K20D..soon I hope

Comment by Agentmarke posted on Why did you choose Pentax? at 07/01/2012 - 00:46

Agentmarke
Dont know of anyone has seen this before...anyway thought I would
throw it out there, looks fascinating to me.... not likely to see
off the Chichester coast, well not for a while anyway!

link

Hope I put the link in correctly

Comment by Agentmarke posted on The ethereal beauty of melting icebergs at 22/12/2011 - 23:13

Agentmarke
Thanks for your welcome and comments chaps,,,

I have never used a site like this before, I must say I am amazed with the broad range of users and knowledge available.

Looking forward to getting more involved.

Thanks again

Comment by Agentmarke posted on Greetings all.....New to Pentax at 17/12/2011 - 00:20

Agentmarke
Tough choice, the D3100 seems like a decent camera but the old lenses
would swing it for me, I am a big fan and getting worryingly addicted to browsing ebay.
I had an un drunken fall with my K100D, (saving up for something with less numerals), the other day, made an awful crash as it hit a hard floor, all seems fine though! The build quality seems so good.

I think the Canon I picked up the other day would have been in pieces!

Comment by Agentmarke posted on Making your mind up at 17/12/2011 - 00:13

Agentmarke
Hello to all, just found this very useful site here.
I have been taking a few holiday snaps for years, played with an old
Nikon fm as a twenty something but never anything serious, my father
was a professional...so like many sons I didnt have any interest!

Recently my interest in wildlife has been re kindled and also have
1 year old daughter so have started to try and take more serious,
(maybe not the right word), lets say better photos.

On a tight budget so bought a K100D last year.. I have fallen in love
with some of the old Pentax manual lenses, seem to give a different feel
to the pictures...anyway that said I just picked up a DA 55 300...lovely lens, I chose this instead of upgrading the body, as I thought it better to spend a few quid on a decent quality long range zoom for wildlife.

Hope to get more involved and post some shots soon.

Best wishes and merry xmas to all
Mark

Comment by Agentmarke posted on Greetings all.....New to Pentax at 13/12/2011 - 22:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo