Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Greetings all.....New to Pentax

Agentmarke
Posted 13/12/2011 - 22:07 Link
Hello to all, just found this very useful site here.
I have been taking a few holiday snaps for years, played with an old
Nikon fm as a twenty something but never anything serious, my father
was a professional...so like many sons I didnt have any interest!

Recently my interest in wildlife has been re kindled and also have
1 year old daughter so have started to try and take more serious,
(maybe not the right word), lets say better photos.

On a tight budget so bought a K100D last year.. I have fallen in love
with some of the old Pentax manual lenses, seem to give a different feel
to the pictures...anyway that said I just picked up a DA 55 300...lovely lens, I chose this instead of upgrading the body, as I thought it better to spend a few quid on a decent quality long range zoom for wildlife.

Hope to get more involved and post some shots soon.

Best wishes and merry xmas to all
Mark
steven9761
Posted 13/12/2011 - 22:17 Link
Welcome, Mark!!

When I had a 35mm (various Pentax models through the years), I was, like yourself, pretty much an "ad-hoc" amateur, but a couple of weeks ago, I got a lovely new K-r! I'm still trying to get a feel for the various modes, but let's just say that it's like I've had an injection of newly-found enthusiasm for photography again!

You say that you have a one year-old.. I'm sure your portfolio (or most of it) will be pics of your little cherub. I'm sure you'll have fun taking photos of her on a daily basis, and in years to come, it will be like a flickbook of her developing years!
snappychappy
Posted 14/12/2011 - 08:34 Link
Hello and welcome to the forums. You have a very nice lens there for wildlife have had many a good shot from mine.
pianoman
Posted 14/12/2011 - 09:35 Link
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum good choice of lens for all round really but more than adequate for wildlife take a look on the gallery there is some stunners taken with that gear ..Enjoy
All the best

David
wvbarnes
Posted 14/12/2011 - 11:26 Link
Hi Mark,

welcome.

I'm a KR user and the DA 55-300mm is my lens of choice a lot of the time.

I used to think a wide angle was the most important in your bag but I'm not so sure now.

Different and fun world with a Pentax DSLR
screwdriver222
Posted 15/12/2011 - 08:50 Link
Hi Mark

Welcome

I am a newish member. I got a K-r and DAL 18-55 a few months ago. Before that I had not used a slr for about ten years. My previous slr was a Pentax MEF.

I am truly amazed at digital slrs'.

Anyhow I have been using my old manual lenses. namely a Pentax M 50mm f1.7 and a Tamron AD2 80-210 f3.8/4. Most pics I have taken so far have been with the Tamron. Like you I wanted a DA 55-300 and I am glad to say it is on its way.
Agentmarke
Posted 17/12/2011 - 00:20 Link
Thanks for your welcome and comments chaps,,,

I have never used a site like this before, I must say I am amazed with the broad range of users and knowledge available.

Looking forward to getting more involved.

Thanks again
K-5, 31 1.8 Ltd, 77 1.8 Ltd, 55-300, Tamron 17-50, and other assorted acquisitions.
AndrewA
Posted 17/12/2011 - 15:20 Link
Welcome on board!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.