Voting #4 - the votes:
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 23/10/2010 - 12:54
Link
It's weekend now so don't forget to vote
Posted 26/10/2010 - 13:54
Link
Only one day left after this one.
Posted 28/10/2010 - 21:33
Link
Posted 28/10/2010 - 23:52
Link
Well done Adrian - lovely shot - Jo and I both voted for you.........
Tony
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 29/10/2010 - 11:49
Link
I also voted for Adrian, they light is just so lovely soft.
I also really like the lighting in #3, 4 and 8, very nice.
And just the action and the smile on the girls face on #5 is to melt for ^^
It shows that a good photo doesn't have to be sharp.
#1 lacks something off interest to focus on, also the placing of the trees in the middle is not so correct it would have been better if they would be more to the sides, 3th rules and such you know.
#6 has the composition correct, i think the photo would have been more exciting if a lower point of view was chosen?
#7 love the way how the dof creates a focus point and i actually like the wires running across the photo, it creates some tension.
Don't know what lens was used but i think a closer shot and less dof would have made the shot better.
What do you guys/girls think?
I also really like the lighting in #3, 4 and 8, very nice.
And just the action and the smile on the girls face on #5 is to melt for ^^
It shows that a good photo doesn't have to be sharp.
#1 lacks something off interest to focus on, also the placing of the trees in the middle is not so correct it would have been better if they would be more to the sides, 3th rules and such you know.
#6 has the composition correct, i think the photo would have been more exciting if a lower point of view was chosen?
#7 love the way how the dof creates a focus point and i actually like the wires running across the photo, it creates some tension.
Don't know what lens was used but i think a closer shot and less dof would have made the shot better.
What do you guys/girls think?
Posted 29/10/2010 - 12:23
Link
Sadly on one side was a rubbish tip and the other side were kids fishing and it did not seem appropriate to include them - Jo says thanks all the same .........................
On mine #7 I used my K20D with the ubiquitous ( and very efficient ) 18-55 DA AL II - again thanks for the critique and onward and upward........
Tony & Jo
On mine #7 I used my K20D with the ubiquitous ( and very efficient ) 18-55 DA AL II - again thanks for the critique and onward and upward........
Tony & Jo
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 29/10/2010 - 22:51
Link
Well done Dr O and the other entrants, thanks Stefan for admin.
I managed to take a new shot for this one so was well pleased. Also every time I take a shot near the K-7 shutter speed of uncertainty I get a bit nervous. The fern was taken with a 100mm Macro lens hand held and was perfectly sharp.
I managed to take a new shot for this one so was well pleased. Also every time I take a shot near the K-7 shutter speed of uncertainty I get a bit nervous. The fern was taken with a 100mm Macro lens hand held and was perfectly sharp.
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 30/10/2010 - 02:47
Link
Okay...the little girl playing in the leaves was mine! My granddaughter was full of glee to have the leaves falling all around her. Her mommy was throwing armfuls of them up in the air...I was taking pictures like crazy...and baby girl was having a fantastic lot of fun.
I think a photo like this brings up sweet memories of being little and the world full of wonder again. I knew it was not sharp, but I also knew it had the essence of emotion.
I voted for the Dr O...I loved the light!
I think a photo like this brings up sweet memories of being little and the world full of wonder again. I knew it was not sharp, but I also knew it had the essence of emotion.
I voted for the Dr O...I loved the light!
Posted 30/10/2010 - 09:53
Link
Thanks to all. I shoot that kind of scene on gloomy days. Mornings and evenings are often very still here which allows for a long exposure with minimal leaf movement. I particularly liked 3 and 5, the latter again I guessed the author correctly.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
Anybody can vote. Entrants are encouraged not to vote for their own. (not that we'd know)
Select and vote on your favourite for whatever reasons you see fit.
"Leaves"
Voting closes end of 27th October, PUF standard time.
#1
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/5093451930_a27f2415b0_o.jpg[/IMG]
#2
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/CMQ_9120.jpg[/IMG]
#3
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/IMGP4179_proc.jpg[/IMG]
#4
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/IMGP5234resize.jpg[/IMG]
#5
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/IMGP9923.jpg[/IMG]
#6
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/2010-08-20_at_11-51-19.jpg[/IMG]
#7
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/5093450914_ea344604c1_o.jpg[/IMG]
#8
[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/PUFvoting/4%20leaves%20tease/4%20leaves%20final/_IGP0751-1R.jpg[/IMG]
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ