tomorrow night
Posted 12/12/2010 - 20:19
Link
Smear some Vaseline on his lenses!
.........all the gear, no idea!
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Posted 12/12/2010 - 20:21
Link
Now thats an ace idea
Posted 12/12/2010 - 20:56
Link
davem wrote:
Ok so me and fatspider are out shooting the outdoor night scenes in leeds tomorrow.
Now his shots are always better than mine and I need to improve or he will be unbearable
What are your top tips?
I will be using a K200d + tamron 18 - 250 on a tripod. I might pop a nifty fifty in my pocket as well.
Dave
Umm ply him with strong drink first ?
Ok so me and fatspider are out shooting the outdoor night scenes in leeds tomorrow.
Now his shots are always better than mine and I need to improve or he will be unbearable
What are your top tips?
I will be using a K200d + tamron 18 - 250 on a tripod. I might pop a nifty fifty in my pocket as well.
Dave
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 12/12/2010 - 21:31
Link
It seems that he is smarter than I thought.
How do I ouwit him technicaly?
What would be a good christmas light shot?
How do I ouwit him technicaly?
What would be a good christmas light shot?
Posted 12/12/2010 - 21:41
Link
If we tell you that he'll read it and beat you to it .
Posted 12/12/2010 - 21:44
Link
its ok he is offline now
Posted 12/12/2010 - 22:46
Link
MarkD wrote:
Smear some Vaseline on his lenses!
Why? What on earth are you going to do with it?
Smear some Vaseline on his lenses!
Posted 12/12/2010 - 23:23
Link
Oggy wrote:
Don't ask me, I'm not going to be there! MarkD wrote:
Smear some Vaseline on his lenses!
Why? What on earth are you going to do with it? Smear some Vaseline on his lenses!
On a more constructive note....
Use a tripod.
Use the 2s delay to avoid mirror induced shake.
Look for unusual angles, reflections, contrasts.
Use moving lights/people for trails.( eg. traffic, but don't get run over.)
Use very long exposures ( ND filters!)to make people invisible.
Wrap up warm!
.........all the gear, no idea!
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Posted 13/12/2010 - 01:54
Link
1] don't use a tripod, as it means you shoot from roughly the same hieght. instead ...
2] hold the camera on a variety of solid surfaces to allow fir shake free long exposures. I always have my manfrotto quick release plate attached to the bottom of the camera which protects it when I put the camera on the tarmac or stones in the road or on top of a stone wall. Or a sill.
3] use the camera's flash with slow sync for creative town shots
Another ground shot
And another
2] hold the camera on a variety of solid surfaces to allow fir shake free long exposures. I always have my manfrotto quick release plate attached to the bottom of the camera which protects it when I put the camera on the tarmac or stones in the road or on top of a stone wall. Or a sill.
3] use the camera's flash with slow sync for creative town shots
Another ground shot
And another
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 13/12/2010 - 05:37
Link
Nice shots, smeggy
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Posted 13/12/2010 - 10:03
Link
Nice shots Smeggy... someone should buy you a beanbag for Christmas
A small solid Leica, Minolta, Polaroid type tripod is also handy.
It can be held against a vertical object quite easily.
A small solid Leica, Minolta, Polaroid type tripod is also handy.
It can be held against a vertical object quite easily.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1366 posts
20 years
yorkshire
Now his shots are always better than mine and I need to improve or he will be unbearable
What are your top tips?
I will be using a K200d + tamron 18 - 250 on a tripod. I might pop a nifty fifty in my pocket as well.
Dave