Time to say goodbye
- Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Getting out of hand again
Posted 15/05/2010 - 12:56
Link
George
That is uneccessarily harsh.
I'm sure organicimagery had thought hard about what he should do. You have no idea about the constraints on him.
That is uneccessarily harsh.
I'm sure organicimagery had thought hard about what he should do. You have no idea about the constraints on him.
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 15/05/2010 - 13:18
Link
Carl, I hope you enjoy your new camera, and continue to enjoy your photography. Best of luck!
Sorry George but I have to agree with Techno on this.
Besides I bought my Ds from a faceless box-shifter, and come to think of it the K20D too.
Sorry George but I have to agree with Techno on this.
Besides I bought my Ds from a faceless box-shifter, and come to think of it the K20D too.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 13:29
Link
Apology accepted.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 13:45
Link
'Scuse me who is apologising ?
I'm not
I'm not
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 15/05/2010 - 13:49
Link
Here's a clue, Technoidiot. By the way, you don't mind if I shorten your name in future?
The word "sorry" expresses regret, and is a less formal word for apologise. You will find it in the post before mine.
Hope that helps.
G
The word "sorry" expresses regret, and is a less formal word for apologise. You will find it in the post before mine.
Hope that helps.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 13:56 - Helpful Comment
Link
AAAAAAAAH - I see I misunderstood you - silly me
Only Gwyn knows if her use of 'sorry' was an apology or an expression of regret . My interpretation , which could of course be wrong [ and I am frequently wrong ] of her useage was that it was a statement of regret and not an apology .
My ID as you will have seen, is frequently abreviated here to TI or Techno .
Only Gwyn knows if her use of 'sorry' was an apology or an expression of regret . My interpretation , which could of course be wrong [ and I am frequently wrong ] of her useage was that it was a statement of regret and not an apology .
My ID as you will have seen, is frequently abreviated here to TI or Techno .
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 15/05/2010 - 14:01
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Apology accepted.
G
Apology accepted.
G
Techno - George is doing what George does best (at least on the forum).
Let's not get too diverted from Carl's post.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 14:11
Link
No Gwyn , I agree , we should not get diverted from the intention of the thread.
I hope Carl gets years of pleasure using his new camera - this experience was a bad one .
I hope Carl gets years of pleasure using his new camera - this experience was a bad one .
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 15/05/2010 - 14:12
Link
technoidiot wrote:
My ID as you will have seen, is frequently abreviated here to TI or Techno .
Of course. Nothing else would make any sense.My ID as you will have seen, is frequently abreviated here to TI or Techno .
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 14:37
Link
Techno -
Meet George.
Meet George.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 15:28
Link
Thank you all for your advice.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 15/05/2010 - 15:42
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Here's a clue, Technoidiot. By the way, you don't mind if I shorten your name in future?
The word "sorry" expresses regret, and is a less formal word for apologise. You will find it in the post before mine.
Hope that helps.
G
"Cantankerous" springs to mind,
Here's a clue, Technoidiot. By the way, you don't mind if I shorten your name in future?
The word "sorry" expresses regret, and is a less formal word for apologise. You will find it in the post before mine.
Hope that helps.
G
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 15/05/2010 - 16:58
Link
Please children, please; Play nicely with each other!!
Best Regards, Larry.
All the gear & no idea.
All the gear & no idea.


8192 posts
22 years
London
1 Don't buy Samsung cameras because they are marketed and sold by people who deal in washing machines and vacuum cleaners.
2 Do buy cameras from specialist camera shops with a reputation to maintain, and who know about the product.
It seems that you have again bought from some faceless box-shifter. One might have thought that once bitten, twice shy, but apparently some lessons need to be repeated several times before they sink in.
With all the hassle you have had, surely a call to SRS would have been a wise move. It would have resulted in you getting a second-user K20D at a good price with a guarantee, together with peace of mind. But no, you had to go for the cheapest possible option again.
To a large extent, in life you make your own luck.
G