Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Tim?

• Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Thread locked as per last post
DrOrloff
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:09 Link
After Tim (Thoughton) posted a comment on a gallery photo of mine I went in to send him a messaage and it seems he's gone! (user inactive). This must have been today, any ideas?
dougf8
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:24 Link
q continuum?
Lurking is shirking.!
johnriley
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:25 Link
This isn't the place to discuss this, but Tim won't be around for 7 days. After that, hopefully he will be back and all will be well again.
Best regards, John
Mike-P
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:28 Link
Presuming Robbie is in the same (slowly sinking) boat?
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:28 Link
johnriley wrote:
hopefully he will be back.

Err, no, he won't.
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:30 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Presuming Robbie is in the same (slowly sinking) boat?

I guess so.

Can someone send my email address:

[email protected]

to the forum member ClimberSam.

He is due to contact me re: sale of a tripod next week, but thanks to that buffoon JR he can't contact me (I mean Robbie) anymore.
Edited by FreetheShropshireOne: 15/09/2011 - 15:31
DrOrloff
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:36 Link
I saw that thread about Mario. Odd but computer games aren't my thing. Didn't offend me though.
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:40 Link
It couldn't possibly have offended anyone. All it was was some photos of strangers jumping, and an inspired technique for getting them to do so. Interesting and relevant, I thought. Riley disagreed, and deleted it.
johnriley
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:43 Link
Thank you, but not really a wise thing to do is it?

I do try to keep moderation confidential, basically to avoid and naming and shaming of individuals. Everything is, where possible, conducted by PM and usually resolved without any particular hassle.

Our warning system is to request something be moved/deleted/ etc. as required, followed by formal warnings where rules are flouted deliberately. Eventually a 7 day ban, and more eventually a permanent ban if that is necessary. This process can take some time, or be instant for our spammer visitors.

Moderation discussion in public may be removed as per the T&Cs and also please bear in mind that returning under a new guise to further flout the rules is specifically forbidden. If this continues beyond that, although it has never happened, further steps can be taken.

99.9% of members here will be totally unaware of the warning system.
Best regards, John
johnriley
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:45 Link
Just for the record, Tim was only asked to move the link, not to avoid posting it. I don't have anything more to add to that, we can see the response for ourselves.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:52 Link
That isn't true, and you know it.

You did not ask me to 'move the link'. You deleted the post without warning, and told me to re-post it on page 573 of the 'Another Pointless Thread' thread.

johnriley wrote:
Our warning system is to request something be moved/deleted/ etc. as required, followed by formal warnings where rules are flouted deliberately. Eventually a 7 day ban, and more eventually a permanent ban if that is necessary.

You did not "request" anything. There was no "formal warning". And there was nothing "Eventually" about it - time elapsed between me posting the original Mario thread, and you banning me, was approximately 20 minutes.
Edited by TimSaysThatIsntTrue: 15/09/2011 - 15:54
Mike-P
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:56 Link
To be fair there are a lot more threads in General chat that have nothing to do with photography at all. At least the Mario one did.

Clever idea as well.
johnriley
Posted 15/09/2011 - 15:58 Link
I suppose this is an appropriate time to say that your 7 day ban has become permanent.

I really think you should settle down and stop doing this Tim. This is not the way to discuss something. Why not look at it again in the morning and put things back into perspective?

I'm more than happy to look at it all again in 7 days, but not if you continue like this.
Best regards, John
Blythman
Posted 15/09/2011 - 16:07 Link
Disppointing if we've lost a member who is a very decent photographer and appears to be a good guy, all because he posted a photographic link in General Chat, especially if you look at some of the other dross in that section. Presuming it was a link and not photos taken on another brand of camera
Alan

PPG
Flickr
johnriley
Posted 15/09/2011 - 16:17 Link
Obviously that wasn't the reason Alan. There's always more to things than meets the eye, but best left now and we'll move on. It could have easily been resolved, but it wasn't unfortunately.
Best regards, John