Three with the K-3
Posted 24/11/2013 - 19:58
Link
Hi David
Really like the last one
Neil
Really like the last one
Neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 24/11/2013 - 20:03
Link
A very nice set! nicely done!
Posted 24/11/2013 - 21:21
Link
Apologies to anyone who's viewed these so far, but I had to add another one shot tonight in our hallway, under very dim light. I've been testing the K-3 with old manual lenses and for some reason it seems to love the old glass. This is with a 40 year old Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm F5.6 (Model 670AU) which cost me £20, set at F8. I was aiming to get the point of focus on the nose, not easy in very dim light and this one is just a tad forward of ideal focus, but not bad. It's a colour pop of sorts, but a very subtle one. Two things stand out to me when using lenses like this on the K-3:
1. It is revealing resolution I never knew the old lenses were capable of
2. The AF confirmation in the viewfinder is very accurate when focussing manually - this is a great help with the old glass when not using the rear LCD
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm F5.6, 8 seconds exposure on tripod, there is a small amount of shake on this

Regards
David
1. It is revealing resolution I never knew the old lenses were capable of
2. The AF confirmation in the viewfinder is very accurate when focussing manually - this is a great help with the old glass when not using the rear LCD
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm F5.6, 8 seconds exposure on tripod, there is a small amount of shake on this

Regards
David
Posted 24/11/2013 - 21:34
Link
What a great set - superb detail. One the first one - have you tried more of a "letter box" crop? I think that it might bring the two swans to the fore a little.
Phil
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 24/11/2013 - 21:38
Link
swarf wrote:
What a great set - superb detail. One the first one - have you tried more of a "letter box" crop? I think that it might bring the two swans to the fore a little.
Phil
Hi Phil, thanks for the comments, I think your idea is good. I did think of this but didn't want to lost the reflections in the bottom right corner, so as a compromise I chopped some off the sky, but left the foreground unchanged.What a great set - superb detail. One the first one - have you tried more of a "letter box" crop? I think that it might bring the two swans to the fore a little.
Phil
Regards
David
Posted 25/11/2013 - 00:02
Link
David
like Images 1 & 2, but I think image number 2 is superb. it just works really well.
like Images 1 & 2, but I think image number 2 is superb. it just works really well.
Fletcher8.
Posted 25/11/2013 - 16:45
Link
Great set, David - for me, Number 2 is magnificent. The colours are superb.
Regards
Nigel
Regards
Nigel
Posted 25/11/2013 - 22:51
Link
Thank you to everyone who has commented.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 25/11/2013 - 23:40
Link
Fletcher8 wrote:
David
like Images 1 & 2, but I think image number 2 is superb. it just works really well.
plus I like the dog shot.Maybe I will try out my 70s glass on the k3,I've been inspired! Thanks.
David
like Images 1 & 2, but I think image number 2 is superb. it just works really well.
Posted 26/11/2013 - 11:05
Link
Like them all, but for me the last one, Sleeping Dogs, is a cracker, it shows the capability of the K3
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 26/11/2013 - 11:08
Link
bettyswolloks wrote:
Like them all, but for me the last one, Sleeping Dogs, is a cracker, it shows the capability of the K3
I'm sorry, but how?
Like them all, but for me the last one, Sleeping Dogs, is a cracker, it shows the capability of the K3
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4934 posts
15 years
Sheffield,
England
A Devoted Pair, DA 16-45, Polariser
Mute Swan, Sigma 150-500
On the Smartphone, DA 16-45, Polariser
As always, CC is welcome.
Regards
David
Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu
Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs