The Tree B&W Processing
Posted 25/11/2013 - 09:52
Link
For me 3. More contrast and more dramatic sky plus it looks a lot sharper. Did you sharpen it? or was the DxO film grain type finer?
CHEERS Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 25/11/2013 - 09:58
Link
Hi Vic,
thanks first two have no added grain 3 has just a touch and more contrast plus sharpening at two different widths, tree is also brighter perhaps also giving the impression of "sharpness"
D
thanks first two have no added grain 3 has just a touch and more contrast plus sharpening at two different widths, tree is also brighter perhaps also giving the impression of "sharpness"
D
Posted 25/11/2013 - 10:08
Link
Toss up between 1 and 3 for me. In No.1 I prefer the foreground and what looks like rain falling in the right background. No. 3 looks a bit sharper and the clouds have greater drama. On balance, just No. 3 for me. No.2 is definitely the weakest in my opinion.
Phil
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 25/11/2013 - 22:35
Link
Number 3 is the best for me, it has the best contrasts and impact. The sky is very burned out in number 1 and number 2 does not have the drama.
I'm not 100% convinced about any of the three, my suggestion would be a crop at the bottom to remove some of the foreground and make the tree more prominent.
Regards
David
I'm not 100% convinced about any of the three, my suggestion would be a crop at the bottom to remove some of the foreground and make the tree more prominent.
Regards
David
Posted 26/11/2013 - 09:04
Link
Thanks all.
David you'll be glad to know that the original is quite nicely exposed, it's only been "blown" in processing cause Dxo dosent have any seperate adjustment for highlights and blacks. The reason for this was to try to bring out the tree more. I will give the crop a go later.
Many thanks
Daniel
David you'll be glad to know that the original is quite nicely exposed, it's only been "blown" in processing cause Dxo dosent have any seperate adjustment for highlights and blacks. The reason for this was to try to bring out the tree more. I will give the crop a go later.
Many thanks
Daniel
Posted 26/11/2013 - 10:09
Link
I would go for #3 but agree with David about the crop. I would also crop some off the left side. so the tree is not dead center.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/11/2013 - 10:28
Link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



490 posts
15 years
the original image was prepped and then converted to B&W using DxO filmpack. Ive tried different "film" settings, which is your favourite and why?
Any other C+C is of course invited
Thanks
Daniel.
ONE
TWO
THREE